support Tone without tears Beginners' impro Patterns & exercises

Daily Check In

My wife and daughter are out for the day so it's a big practice day over here interspersed with house work to break things up.

Long tones, overtones and many articulations on a chromatic scale with a slow metronome so far..oh and I've cleaned the bathroom toilets :)

Later, some scales and patterns, some serious time with Mr Niehaus' book and some transcription and play along courtesy of Miles and Hank...and cooking a Shepherds pie.

No idea. It's just what they call it - or "nail wood", difficult to translate.
But it's very hard and heavy & expensive. The idea is the panels basically sit on it and the water / air circulate to keep the wood from rotting. Which works.
Lignum Vitae aka Iron Wood is extremely hard and one of the heaviest/densest woods there is. It is extremely expensive. Police truncheons used ot be made from it...

This morning I continued the gardening which kicked off yesterday. I planted the Ceanothus 'Silver Surprise' in the new 60x60 cm planter. I have four small terracotta urns which sit on tall stands: they needed refreshing. I dug out the old plants in them - 2 were Lavenders and 2 were Pinks and replaced them with new ones.

That leaves me with one Acer left to plant up and a small Lavender. I'll leave it about 3 weeks before getting any bedding plants as still rick of frost (snow on the tops this morning).

Lignum Vitae aka Iron Wood is extremely hard and one of the heaviest/densest woods there is. It is extremely expensive. Police truncheons used ot be made from it...
Cool, so when someone say "is that a truncheon in your pocket?" You can answer No, lignum Vitae!

As I said I was roughly translating.
Knock your self out...
... Though not with Ligbum!

My wife and daughter are out for the day so it's a big practice day over here interspersed with house work to break things up.

Long tones, overtones and many articulations on a chromatic scale with a slow metronome so far..oh and I've cleaned the bathroom toilets :)

Later, some scales and patterns, some serious time with Mr Niehaus' book and some transcription and play along courtesy of Miles and Hank...and cooking a Shepherds pie.
I'm impressed 😁

Jx

Morning all

Coffee in bed while I debate should I do some yoga this morning. Apart from walking I've not exercised for a couple of weeks as I've had some bug or other.

Café sax are playing in a care home this afternoon and I am feeling a little nervous. It's our first performance to an audience. I'm not counting playing in the park as they were just passing by!!

Wish us luck

Jx

All the talk of curved sopranos on another thread is giving me GAS :doh:
I’ve been looking at ads.
Loved my little curvy Elkhart but my baritone kept bullying it. Also it was too damn loud for my music room. It was worse than tinitus. Had to have it adopted:(
P.s. just trying to increase GAS pressure >:)
20221207_104146.jpg

Morning all

Coffee in bed while I debate should I do some yoga this morning. Apart from walking I've not exercised for a couple of weeks as I've had some bug or other.

Café sax are playing in a care home this afternoon and I am feeling a little nervous. It's our first performance to an audience. I'm not counting playing in the park as they were just passing by!!

Wish us luck

Jx

Morning all

Wish us luck

Jx
Hope it went well x

I stopped by a friends' to talk about doing some work on their house this afternoon and learned their friendly black lab 'Coco' and I share the same birthday. I don't know if they even really know Coco's exact birthday but I was unreasonably pleased anyway ;).

Annual checkup at the Øyelege - opthalmologist.
My glasses prescription hasn't changed in years, so it's a good idea. No sight[sic] of glaucoma etc. so far. Which is good. Touch wood

Last edited:
All the talk of curved sopranos on another thread is giving me GAS :doh:
I’ve been looking at ads.

Go on, you are worth it :)

Jx

Loved my little curvy Elkhart but my baritone kept bullying it. Also it was too damn loud for my music room. It was worse than tinitus. Had to have it adopted:(
P.s. just trying to increase GAS pressure >:)

The GAS riseth! :rolleyes:
I shall be trying a Yani curvy tomorrow.

I actually have a very nice Sequoia straight soprano, but I find it uncomfortable to play for long.

Back
Top Bottom