Photo contest

Miscellaneous Croaking voice singer

jeremyjuicewah

Hi guys. Due to a load of hassle in the corporeal interior I take a fistfull of tablets daily and have injections regularly of some ape hormones or summink. One side effect seems to be a nasty croak in the otherwise angelic singing voice wot I have been blessed with. Its a bit of a drag and its not getting any better. Any other fab, dead good singers out there that can give me a tip of soothing things down in the gullickal region?

Its a pretty serious prob, though I bear it with my usual fortitude and resignation, and I am very sorry that the voice that has done pretty good for so many years is failing me now. I have gigs on 11th and 13th, both outdoors, and am supposed to be lead vocal on about six numbers. After rehearsal today I think I may be chased away after the first one.

Any jokes about singers welcome.
Cheers
Mike

I am overwhelmed by the sympathetic tone of the replies to this plea. I have a vision of you all rolling around your own floors cackling and working hard to dream up the next salvo. Well listen to this, go on I dare you you hyenas!!

I googled this prob of a hoarse voice. (Its sounds so much better than s$%t) and I think I ran straight into the answer. I read that if you do not drink enough water your voice will crack. I hardly ever drink any more water than it takes to keep me alive. The internal doings (as my old man would have said) do not make full hydration a comfortable state. However, I must suffer for my art so I am going to guzzle the orange juice back like there is no tomorrow. Then, hopefully, loads of other people will suffer for my art too. Stuff em:

Thanks all, keep you posted.

so I am going to guzzle the orange juice back like there is no tomorrow.

How will that help when you have just said

I googled this prob of a hoarse voice. (Its sounds so much better than s$%t) and I think I ran straight into the answer. I read that if you do not drink enough water your voice will crack. I hardly ever drink any more water than it takes to keep me alive.

You need tap juice :)

Jx

Sorry to hear of your issue, and I hope it gets better soon.

but if it were me, and I had an issue which was a worry, I would do more than ask for advice from mates on a sax forum.

and I wouldnt be self diagnosing, after a search on google.

a quick chat to your GP, would be my suggestion.

however, i do agree with others here, in line with your own thoughts. more water.

PS
On the other hand........... gravelly voice............ ape hormones.......................... can you learn this for your upcoming gigs.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maRanuCqY64

PPS

did you ask for singer jokes ? an on topic one ?

What is the difference between a singer and a monkey?
Its been scientifically proven that monkeys are able to communicate with humans.

:blush:

Hydration is very important and shouldn't be overlooked. Little and often rather than large doses will keep you topped up without overloading the plumbing.

Sanderson's throat specific is a marvelous simple non prescription remedy. Try a gargle. It tastes awful but the upside is that everything tastes better than it does. So even stuff you don't like becomes palatable.

OJ tends to strip the vocal chords. Try milk or a milky tea/coffee before singing.

Our singer swears by Indian Chai (tea with ginger and various other spices in it) and some odd menthol tablets which are specifically for singing.... seem to work a treat for him

Back
Top Bottom