• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Photo contest

SOLD Beautiful new Hanson Monarch Sceptre tenor sax….Outstanding instrument

Paul Warner

I am quite prepared to state that this is the most beautiful looking tenor I have ever come across. This isn't Hanson's standard model, but one of the top spec "Monarch" series, and was developed as an attempt to design and produce "the world's finest saxophone"! I'll leave you to ponder that one.
So what are the specs? Firstly it is a prototype, and as such is genuinely hand made. If you look very closely you can see the file marks to prove it. It is highly sophisticated and plays beautifully and powerfully (or gently with lovely sub tones) with a superb tone and with that particular feeling that it will deliver whatever you wish……it's as good as you as a player can make it! It's quite genuinely as good as, or better, than anything I have ever played and I've played a load!
It is superbly engraved from top to bottom (as well as the neck and inside the bell). The rod-work, linkages and neck tenon are solid nickel (yes solid- not plated). All the bearings are self adjusting point screws and the fluidity of handling are truly superb. Griff saw and blew this recently and was knocked out by it (go ahead and ask him). Keywork is ultra light, smooth and fast with just enough blowing resistance to involve the player and bring out the soul in anyone!
So why the hell am I selling it? Well, I bought it in the belief that tenor work was forthcoming. It didn't work out and I'm hard up and need to upgrade some of my photographic equipment. So I'll stick to my alto, baritone and soprano, and let this one go. I payed £1000 for it (which I considered very cheap…student territory…for a pro level horn). I would like to get my money back and feel it's a bargain at that price. There's a deluxe quality, solid gig case with it and if wished I can throw P1010946.jpgP1010956_edited-1.jpgP1010955_edited-1.jpgP1010948_edited-1.jpgP1010953_edited-1.jpgP1010947_edited-1.jpgP1010950_edited-1.jpgP1010944_edited-1.jpgP1010945_edited-1.jpg in a new Bari Esprit m/p with Rovner ligature. As usual, 5% goes to Pete's charity and I guess that postage will be around £30.

Dave “Griff” Griffiths, is a lovely bloke who can tweak your saxophone to perfection, as he has done with my two for the last three years.

http://www.dg-music.co.uk/

Sorry Paul, I don't want to distract from your lovely tenor, good luck with the sale, it looks like a 'one of a kind' so I hope it soon finds a good home.

Chris

Dave “Griff” Griffiths, is a lovely bloke who can tweak your saxophone to perfection, as he has done with my two for the last three years.

http://www.dg-music.co.uk/

Sorry Paul, I don't want to distract from your lovely tenor, good luck with the sale, it looks like a 'one of a kind' so I hope it soon finds a good home.

Chris

Chris, I think EMAITCH was waiting for Griff to pitch in!

Just been on the Hanson site and it says these are £2730, how did you manage to get it for £1000? also is the excellent 5 year service, parts and warranty package offered by Hanson transferable to second owner?

MMM, You're probably right, I saw that EMAITCH has 19 posts and thought 'New Person' hence my response, but on a second look, I see they have been here since 2010 so yep, they probably know who Griff is.

Sorry for the distraction and confusion.

Chris

I think so, but you'd have to check with Alistair Hanson. Afraid I've got to be away for about a week or I'd do it.
Just been on the Hanson site and it says these are £2730, how did you manage to get it for £1000? also is the excellent 5 year service, parts and warranty package offered by Hanson transferable to second owner?

Well, It's true. This horn is a real bargain at £1K. Paul brought it to me so I could get a good look at it and check it out - as opposed to checking it over! I was indeed very very impressed at the way this tenor plays. I also took the opportunity to try the crook on my Selmer SA80 and I liked the result. I emailed Alastair Hanson to let him know I was impressed with the horn and it's build quality - what a nice bloke too.
If you are in the market for a very decent tenor for less than the cost of a student level Yamaha you wouldn't go wrong with this horn.

What a beautiful, sexy, lovely tenor...

S.

YIKES .........
Not the way I`d describe Homer Simpson .................

Selmer
Bouvier is definately a Tenor but seriously unsexy also ..... Marge is the closest I guess unless you`ve issues and have a thing abouy Miss Crabapple

YIKES .........
Not the way I`d describe Homer Simpson .................

Selmer Bouvier is definately a Tenor but seriously unsexy also ..... Marge is the closest I guess unless you`ve issues and have a thing abouy Miss Crabapple
Hi everybody….I am back now and will be contacting those who have shown an interest.

Sax arrived this afternoon. I love it already! Just had a quick blow but will have a proper work out this evening. Much smoother action and richer sound than my G4M. Even tried a few altissimo notes, which I'm not very good at yet, and they sounded much more easily. The engraving is more subtle and delicate than it appears on the photos, really pretty.

Many thanks, Paul. And, BTW my wife says the all bubble wrap will make excellent greenhouse insulation.

Martin, just as a point of interest were you able to find out about the guarantee/warranty being transferable from the original owner?

Back
Top Bottom