Photo contest

Anyone tried DIY sax engraving?

DavidUK

Café Supporter
:shocked:

I fancy having a go with me dremel and diamond tipped bits. Should have an old sax lying around somewhere!
Hand engraving looks far too difficult to me.

Anyone tried it? I'll have a little practice first.....

:w00t:

Never tried it,never wanted to,but if i did have a go i would not practise on any sax first but use maybe a piece of scrap metal sheet to have a go first time.

Like a banjo

Nota Bene:-Both the CaSLM and the British Banjopickers Union have agreements with Cosa Nostra and as such, Mr. Aldevis, whatever your status with the local "mob", continue this war and there might be a strange meltdown in lemon juice of your stock and possibly, you.

Pax vobiscum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lemons not mandolins!

I am fine with lemons, limoncello, le-monade ...
As long as the southern part of the agreement don't start playing their mandolins or, worst, their accordions. I am currently living under a secret identity to avoid those instrument.

My daughter wanted me to engrave a unicorn on my curved soprano.... how d'yah reckon this little beastie would effect the tone?

unicorn.jpg

We went to see the Piccadilly Players at a little arts centre in Maidenhead on Saturday night. It was delightful. The set included a performance of the Dam Busters March played on a ukulele. Surely top marks for at least trying?

I have a friend who is - unwittingly - a source of amusing quotations. He once declared that until you have hear the 1812 Overture played on a Hammond organ you have never heard music...

Re ukeleles - this is one of Humphrey Littleton's:

Doctor: I'm afraid to have to tell you but you only have six months to live.

Man: That's terrible! Can nothing be done?

Doctor: Do you have a spare room at home?

Man: Yes, why?

Doctor: Get a tenant who plays the ukelele.

Man: How will that help me live longer?

Doctor: It won't, but at least it will seem like it.

Last edited by a moderator: