• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Photo contest

SOLD Altos for sale

Nomad...........you need two horns! I only have your welfare at heart! Now look into my eyes.................
hypnotized-smiley.gif

Nomad...........you need two horns! I only have your welfare at heart! Now look into my eyes.................
View attachment 3294

Like I said I really like it, but it's the wife that needs convincing, or I need to find a way to hide it from her, or delay getting it until she goes home to visit her parents and call it comfort shopping.

Nomad

Hide it in the case that my Yanagisawa came in? You might be onto something there Sherlock.

Nomad

I know it might be a silly question, but I don't have the best eye sight on the Martin saxophone, are the keys the same colour/finish as the rest of the body of the saxophone? or are they are different colour/finish, and if so what?

Cheers
Nomad

I shall resist!

What is the Imperial position in the Martin world (sorry for my ignorance)

Seriously, I have a preamp to buy first. Buying an alto would just qualify as pure greed.

On the other hand, I tried a "The Martin" (is it the same horn?) at Willie Garnett's and I loved it...

I know it might be a silly question, but I don't have the best eye sight on the Martin saxophone, are the keys the same colour/finish as the rest of the body of the saxophone? or are they are different colour/finish, and if so what?

Cheers
Nomad

The keys are silver (coloured) on a lacquered brass body horn..the Martins with nickel keys ( like this ) I believe all had solid nickel keys, not just plated, the solid nickel keys are way stronger than brass, Martins always seem to have monster build quality ( in a good way ! )

The keys are silver (coloured) on a lacquered brass body horn..the Martins with nickel keys ( like this ) I believe all had solid nickel keys, not just plated, the solid nickel keys are way stronger than brass, Martins always seem to have monster build quality ( in a good way ! )

Thanks, I thought they looked a bit different from the body, I wasn't sure, and don't really trust my eye sight 100%

Nomad

Right I'll bught the bullet, as long as you don't tell the wife, I'd like to register an official interest in the Martin alto saxophone, just to confirm the lyre is detachable, and does it come with a nice ebonite mouthpiece like a selmer, jody jazz or theo wanne?

Nomad

Sure that would be great, I'm about to go shoot people on Call of Duty.

Nomad

This is a response from the buyer of the Roy Benson alto in north Scotland (took five days to get to him) who bought it as a back up to his gigging alto -

Arrived today! Extremely well packed. Thanks.

Wow! Great sax. So well regulated. I couldn't see a smiggen of a gap anywhere when I did a light check.
Best of all.........a really great sound! I'm well chuffed.
Thanks once again for being a great guy to deal with, and thanks for a really nice Alto.

If you get a chance try a Roy Benson, they are very underrated

Latest: Members' Recordings

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom