PPT mouthpieces

What do you think of the teacher in the movie Whiplash?

Hi I watched the film Whiplash about a drummer and his teacher? I enjoyed it,just wondered if anyone as come across a teacher or someone like that who realy pushes you and what effect it had on you.Bumnote.
I haven't seen the film but our conductor Phil, made us aware of the part were the teacher asks the pupil "Were you rushing or were you dragging" and throws the chair at the pupil !!!
Good job I'm at a distance away from Phil :eek:

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I had any sort of teachers.
Being pushy does not mean being rude. Some debatable teachers created serious problems in my learning. In particular Mr. Sofianopulo: piano and score reading in 1986. I gave up composition thanks to him.

Usually rude conductors end up hearing some worrying words, in a calm and soft voice.

Hi all,i guess some teachers, teach you ?,but then sometimes you need that extra push to move you along to how far you want to go,and it depends how much are you prepared to take.Think the film is worth a look,also but off topic,it makes a great point about using a mobile phone while driving!!!!.Bumnote.

Great movie, but I think learning is different for everyone if I had a conductor like him I would burn his house down then play me drums real loud while he was crying after the first day :D
I think no man has to go through that kind of attitude afterall life is a ride that should be enjoyed, there are many great musicians that wasnt trained that hard or even trained who became greats..
and if anything I didnt even like what he was trying to make the boy play lower it a few bpms and it could have sounded great :D