• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Photo contest

SOLD RELISTED-F/S a matched pair of Klingsor Hammerschmidt Tenor/Alto saxophones

milandro

I tried before to sell these horns but the thread got full of comments which had nothing to do with the sale. So I asked the mods to take down the thread and start at a later date with a clean slate.

Please, my friends, if you don’t mind me saying so, let’s stick to selling these saxophones.

It is not that I don’t appreciate the support of those who tell us how good the saxophones are and how much they would like to buy them but they haven’t got enough money but otherwise they would certainly have bought them.

Really, I do appreciate all of it, but when too much of a thread goes in this direction then it becomes very difficult to stick to the nitty gritty of a business transaction. We could, after all start a thread on Hammerschmidt saxophones and discuss there all there is to be discussed. Thanks for understanding!

:) Here we go again! :)

I am selling a matched pair of these rare Klingsor saxophones made by Hammerschmidt. I have a tenor and an alto. I really would like them to stay together, Ideally they would have to go to a rare saxophones collector someone who can appreciate playing them but also displaying them as they deserve to be.

I had them both overhauled by Tim Brennan in Haarlem ( I am enclosing both bills for 300€ each) with Rigotti pads and metal riveted resonators. One of the pads of the tenor ( The low D) was later on replaced with another one with a plastic resonator, the one that was there before was too thick and this was of the appropriate thickness.

These saxophones are a very rare breed. These belong to their early production ( the ’50) which is reputed to be of a better quality than late ones.

Both have very old and probably original cases, not particularly nice but fit compared to a modern one but after adding some padding inside and outside will be fit for shipping.

The lucite guards are in very good state ( the Eb and C on the tenor just a little bit less than the alto but B and Bb are perfect on both horns), both horns have the rare original end plug. The alto also has an original mouthpiece which the tenor hasn’t.

The Price.

1950€ shipped for both saxophones (100€ to charity, I pay for paypal and shipping).

Please consider the fact that the VERY low Euro has made this much more palatable for people outside the Eurozone.

iax3.jpg
l2fs.jpg

if I am not wrong in my calculations this turns out to be less than £1,400 for both saxophones, delivered to your home. Which a little less than the price you pay for ONE new Yamaha YTS- 480

Well, these horns require being moved.

I am willing to make a serious effort to sell them BOTH is one go

I am NOW asking €1400 (€70 to the charity) for local pick up.
Add another €100 shipped.

well, he never got in touch with me again, despite having sent him or her a PM, I would have gladly discussed business and made my contribution to the fund if we had. The horns are still available for the price quoted above. I have occasionally, briefly, played them since their overhaul 3 years ago.

actually thank you for reminding me that I still had this ad open here. It had escaped my mind. Incidentally this member “ Molondas” never got back to me after having written to him, strange behavior

actually thank you for reminding me that I still had this ad open here. It had escaped my mind. Incidentally this member “ Molondas” never got back to me after having written to him, strange behavior

That's the problem with the web, you never know what people are going through....

Jx

Back
Top Bottom