Photo contest

Same as last summer .....

thomsax

...... doing some embouchure/playing exercises, playinng and reading horn arrangments ..... lack of motivation and joy .... but trying to play one hour every day!!

The music life, for hobby bands, is slowly coming back here in Sweden. An eight piece band with horns is nowadays a five piece band without horns! Maybe just temporarily? Most bands don't have rehearsal rooms that can house an eight piece band safely. Horn players needs space. But good that the music is back.

Just before the pandemic a new singer joined us. " - I don't think we should be afraid to play well known songs" he said after some meetings/rehearsals. And we started to talk about doing songs like "Burning Love", "Real Real Gone", "You Never Can Tell", "Hi-Heel Sneakers", "The Very Thought Of You", "Every Time I Roll The Dice" ...... . So I got us sheet music, rhythm page, chords sheet .... for some very old songs that not so many bands are playing any more. At least not here around. To read and play songs like this is not hard. The challenge for the horns and the rest of the band is to keep it tight or a 3-horn section in a rock band should be "dirty and loud"????

"Burning Love", something in style of Arthur Alexander version.
burning love.JPG
"Real Real Gone", Van Morrison (Herb Armstrong also did a good version)
real.JPG

So I'm still struggling with the sax!!

I'm sorry for your lousy months!

This might bring a smile.
Here (Trondheim) we have a restaurant run by a Swede, who holds a middsomeraften except for Covid years.
So, this year, no sight of drunk, middle-aged Swedes, bouncing around and singing Ooo hela natten, ohoo, ohoo ohoo

Maybe some rock and roll inspiration for your singer :D

View: https://open.spotify.com/artist/77LVpOpDsQ4AaUABhoCb4T

I'm sorry for your lousy months!

This might bring a smile.
Here (Trondheim) we have a restaurant run by a Swede, who holds a middsomeraften except for Covid years.
So, this year, no sight of drunk, middle-aged Swedes, bouncing around and singing Ooo hela natten, ohoo, ohoo ohoo

Maybe some rock and roll inspiration for your singer :D

View: https://open.spotify.com/artist/77LVpOpDsQ4AaUABhoCb4T

My friend (RIP) used to tour in Norway with the band that made some of these songs. He was a into rock and blues but it was well paid tours so he joined them. He told us it was nice. In Norway its' lot's of money but no taste!