PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones My latest project, C pitch soprano rebuilt, cute, but I need info please?

thesaxman71

Account Closed
Well i just joined the C soprano club officially , i got 1 a few days ago that was needing to be fully rebuilt, i mean it was just the tube and a plastic bag with the keys and no pads in it etc etc...
so i spent a little time and i rebuilt it, my own cute and fun 3D jigsaw puzzle i like to think of it as...it was so quick and easy so to do, much less time than i thought.
I have no idea what make it is, no model name anywhere and the only initials are L P then C written under that, i am assuming simply stands for low pitched and C pitch...
I am waiting for the brand new pads to seat in but i still had loads of fun tootling around on it, using my sop mouthpiece, it has the original C soprano ebonite mouthpiece (seen in the pictures) with it also, tho my sop piece is slighlty too big and therefore the intonation was a little choppy but fine overall to test and have fun.
I would love to know more about it, the usual stuff, age, make, value etc etc.
***If you have a valuation of it please send it to me through a private message as I may be selling it on and do not want figures bounded about here in case they are wrong (too little or too much)
thanks
Ian

Last edited:
IMG_20140417_130303.jpg
IMG_20140417_130311.jpg
IMG_20140417_125728.jpg

more pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nq1wauxc5k2pira/nkbdxREHGr

Congrats Ian !!! . Excellent achivement and such a useful instrument being in C ..
Thanks for looking, i used it yesterday at a friends place and was great jamming on it, fun...I have just sealed down the keys to seat the new pads and I will leave it a day or 2 like that, tho i really want to tootle on the little fella.

I am looking for a resale valuation on this C soprano, but PLEASE message me with the valuation as i might put it for sale and i do not want a mixed bag of numbers on the thread to confuse things.
thanks
Ian

Is it a new C soprano case? Looks modern. Are you using C soprano reeds? I can play a Bb soprano mpc on a Conn or Beuscher C soprano. Yes looks old.

Is it a new C soprano case? Looks modern. Are you using C soprano reeds? I can play a Bb soprano mpc on a Conn or Beuscher C soprano. Yes looks old.
it is a regular removable neck modern Bb soprano sax case but the full C sax fits great (and i got 2 of the same new cases so figured to use 1)
I am actually using my Bb sop mouthpiece on it and it plays great, even tho i have the original C sop mouthpiece too and it is such a fun instrument but i have no idea about regarding make, age, value.