PPT mouthpieces

Fake! Counterfeit Selmer Mk VI being openly sold on eBay

What is M****I ?
Mark V1

There is also the small matter of the Selmer logo, the Selmer marks on the neck and below the right thumb rest. He keeps claiming it's just a copy of a sax, but if it bears maker's marks it's a counterfeit. He flatly refuses to provide proper pictures of the logo. I could see them by copying the image into an image editor, making them mono and upping the contrast. Still pretty hard to see.

The price has also been going up and down like the undergarments of a person of ill-repute. It's varied from over a grand to £500 at various stages.

Peculiarly, of the saxes he's sold or tried to sell, the non-fake ones are much better lit and much easier to see than this one.

Mark V1

There is also the small matter of the Selmer logo, the Selmer marks on the neck and below the right thumb rest. He keeps claiming it's just a copy of a sax, but if it bears maker's marks it's a counterfeit. He flatly refuses to provide proper pictures of the logo. I could see them by copying the image into an image editor, making them mono and upping the contrast. Still pretty hard to see.

The price has also been going up and down like the undergarments of a person of ill-repute. It's varied from over a grand to £500 at various stages.

Peculiarly, of the saxes he's sold or tried to sell, the non-fake ones are much better lit and much easier to see than this one.
Yes, lots of things to think about. This is something Selmer's lawyers should have a look at. Maybe they are?

What to do? For me it's easy.
I don't buy saxes advertised on Ebay. In fact I don't visit Ebay at all. But I just did to have a look at the copy sax!!

Buy a new good copy sax for 6000.00 or a "bad" used sax that was made in east Europe? I would buy the bad one. It's better. In the long run a poorly made sax sings better!

Back
Top Bottom