PPT mouthpieces

Christmastime, time to practice Rock & Roll Saxophone songs

thomsax

Even if I'm not playing so much nowadays, I use refresh some Christmas songs. It's very predictable but I have to struggle to remember these songs:

- "Christmas, Baby Please Come Home". Concert E (C# on baritone).
- "Rock & Roll Christmas". Concert B (C# on tenor).
- "Merry Christmas Baby". Concert G,A (A,B on tenor).
- "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town". Concert C (D on tenor).
- "Please, Come Home For Christmas". Concert A (B on tenor).

I use backing tracks so I remove the horns and sax solo from the backing track. I have learned these songs by ear and I play as I remember them. So ad lib, but I try to keep it close to the recording. No "Midvinter Blues & Rock Jam" this year, either. The latest was in 2017. So maybe more correct to write last? But you never know ....?

Last edited:
During and after the pandemic places closed down and we also lost some musicians that was important for the local music life. Is not the same anymore. I try to look at it from the bright side, but ..... . I live on the country side so we are not many Rocksax players here. In Copenhagen, Malmö, Helsingborg .... jams are still popular. I'm playing on my own. The good thing is that it don't take long before the old songs, fingerings pops up again. I don't remember the name of the songs but that is not so important. And the volume is ok but not so much to do about my stiff fingers. I just play enough so I don't have to buy new mouthpieces.