All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Recording zoom h2n

allansto

Hi guys
Im considering buy a zoom H2n mic/recorder to record myself for BOTM
Does any one else use one ?/
Are they any good for recording at home or elsewhere., ect??????
I see a lot of potential for using it at venues .
I welcome your feedback
Regards
Allansto

PaulM

Hello Allan, I bought one recently. I should have got one earlier. Excellent recording quality and far superior to my PC soundcard. All the nice things people say about them is true in my experience. The accessory pack is a worthwhile investment too, unless you have the bits already from other gear. Mine gets used daily and I don't regret buying it one bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

old git

Tremendous Bore
As the owner of an H2 that is now out on permanent loan, good bit of kit and usable as an USB microphone too. But if you want to save a bit of cash or send your saving to me, suggest you have a look at Richer Sounds, Tascam, a brand known amongst recording types, DR05 at £79-95. Not sure if it does all the the Zoom does but do you need all the bells and whistles?

Apologies for being serious.

Di in France

As you know I have one, just getting started with it, but found it to be pretty good up to now.

Profusia

Did you get one Allansto? And if so has it met your expectations? Contemplating getting one myself.

Cheers,

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
I have had a zoom H2 for a couple of years. Very easy to use, and great sound recording. I have used it at home, but also at Dave's StaxofSax workshops to record the whole group. Either way, it all sounds wonderful to me.

Also my daughter used it to record some practical music lessons to transcribe for her English language A-level. It seemed to pick up the voice parts of the lesson equally as well as the instrument playing parts.

I believe the H2n resolves some of the battery life concerns that the H2 has.

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
Because I'm a gadget freak, I'm going to get one of these!! I don't need one but you all say such good things I feel I must. I really need a Gadgets Anonymous support group for the sake of my bank balance if nothing else!

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Because I'm a gadget freak, I'm going to get one of these!! I don't need one but you all say such good things I feel I must. I really need a Gadgets Anonymous support group for the sake of my bank balance if nothing else!
Once you've got one, you'll wonder how you ever managed without it...

interinfi

Let's say you a backtrack in mp3 format , can I add playing my sax on top of that track ?

Will it sound profesionally ? can one add effects like reverb ?

Last edited by a moderator:

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
No. You cannot record over a track and you cannot play back and record at the same time.
If I want to record to a backing track, I play the track on my MP3 player using headphones, and I play along to that, recording my sax. Then I put the 2 tracks together using audacity on my PC. Audacity can add sound effects.

interinfi

No. You cannot record over a track and you cannot play back and record at the same time.
If I want to record to a backing track, I play the track on my MP3 player using headphones, and I play along to that, recording my sax. Then I put the 2 tracks together using audacity on my PC. Audacity can add sound effects.
No risk of having synchronization problems ?

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
I haven't had any.
You can move each track separately in time and match them up until they sound good together. But I am not a professional I just like what I hear.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom