support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recording Zoom H1 for recording practices

Gallen

I have two questions actually, first, has anyone in the forums used the Zoom H1? Its almost half the price of the H2 that many forum members have, and I'd like to save a little for my retirement :)))

Q2: How often should one record their playing?

Cheers!

Hello,

I have one. It's amazing how well it does for what it is and what it costs. I sing as a baritone in a choir and play the sax. I've used it for both and it performs very well.
It is very easy to use due to the use of buttons instead of an internal menue, and the recording quality is very good. Of course if you want to produce a CD you need studio equipment.

Regards
Koumou

Update: I got my H1 a few days ago, and recorded one of my practice sessions, it's quite a stark difference in sound quality compared to my digital camera, and oh my goodness do I sound bad :p Pretty good idea of what I need to work on, i.e. everything :D

Cheers all!

I had the same experience the first time I recorded myself. Was terrible. But with some work.... And now I can listen to the recording of a few months ago and hear the progress. You'll be the same, I'm sure.

Thanks Kev! Today was particularly enlightening, playing with a backing track after recording with the H1.... oh my god, everything was so off. But a very good idea what to work on. Also: I need a metronome for regular day practice.

Cheers!

Thanks Kev! Today was particularly enlightening, playing with a backing track after recording with the H1.... oh my god, everything was so off. But a very good idea what to work on. Also: I need a metronome for regular day practice.

Cheers!
Not sure about the H1, but the H2 has one. Worth checking. Also your tuner may have one...

Back
Top Bottom