Tutorials

Reeds Zonda & Marca Jazz Tenor Reeds-Where to Buy

Screamin Wind

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to try Zonda & also Marca Jazz reeds, but searching the web I can only purchase them in boxes of 5.

Any idea where I can buy "SINGLE" reeds in different strenghts!

Regards,
Mike

Rogerb

The trouble with buying just one, Mike, IMO, is that you don't know if it's a 'good' one ....as I'm sure you know, cane reeds are somewhat inconsistent.

However, if you are looking for reeds in low strengths...#2....and buy 5, you could try a couple, and I (also looking for a suitable tenor reed) would buy a couple off you, if they didn't suit you.
I have a coupla unused Marca 2.5s (and RJS 2Hs) which are a bit too hard for me ...freebies from Chris 98 :) ....so if you want 2.5s, I'll pass them on!
ATM, I am trying one of Chris's Java ZZ #2 ...with a bit if judicious sanding/scraping it seems quite good, but I'd like to try RJS 2M/2S as well.
Like you, I am reluctant to splash-out for a box of 5, 'on the off-chance' !

OP
Screamin Wind

Screamin Wind

Morning Roger,

I'm at present I'm using ZZ 2.5 on a Zagar School School 7 m/p & I have to say I'm pleased at this moment in time...:)

The Zonda strength table rather baffles me...the strengths table on this web site....
http://www.reeds-direct.co.uk/instrument/reeds/tenor-saxophone.html

I was looking at trying Zonda with a little harder tip than the ZZ 2.5....

Can you advise?

Regards,
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Rogerb

Morning Roger,

I'm at present I'm using ZZ 2.5 on a Zagar School School 7 m/p & I have to say I'm pleased at this moment in time...:)

The Zonda strength table rather baffles me...the strengths table on this web site....
http://www.reeds-direct.co.uk/instrument/reeds/tenor-saxophone.html

I was looking at trying Zonda with a little harder tip than the ZZ 2.5....

Can you advise?

Regards,
Mike
Sorry, I know nothing about Zonda reeds.....and you obviously have stronger chops than I!
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

half diminished

I'm using Marca Jazz 3s on tenor and love em. Very consistent and they play well. I use a Jody Jazz DV NY 7* mp.

Can't help with where you buy 'em singly though.

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Top Bottom