support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Zheng Hao Music is Dead!

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Café Supporter
Locality
France
This is a warning to anyone who might be tempted to purchase from Zheng Hao Music. I did it successfully a couple of times in the past, then last June I placed another order with them. Some pads and tools. Then, as for my previous orders, I waited, and waited... Then I started to write emails asking what was going on after a month, then two, then three without any change in my order's status that's accessible online. NO ANSWER. NONE!

So, after a final email, I raised a case with Paypal and they just told me they credited my account since the supplier did not respond to the request to resolve the case.

Therefore, I'm sorry to announce that this supplier is obviously dead, or at the very least TOTALLY unreliable.

Now, if you feel an urge to place an order with them, you have been warned!

I'm now off to find a more reliable source, that will not break the bank, although as one of my friend told me once, "If you can't afford to go cheap, pay the price, you may not be disappointed".

I have not been disappointed before paying the price from renown suppliers. So I am considering following my friend's advise.

That's sad:

That's typical of my luck I was just about to put in an order for a set of White pads for the Zephyr talked about in another thread.
I ordered a set for it from their list of sets some time ago and received them without any problems and not being in a hurry I have just had a look at the sizes and they are completely wrong as I ordered for an alto and I think that they might have sent a set for a tenor as the largest were way way too large for an alto and it should have been a set of 24 and there only 22 in the packet even though it said 24 on the packet.I was going to order a measured set in white as the site seems to be functioning ok,so it looks like that's a no go TYPICAL

I'm really sad as I have been waiting so long to get started on a project and now I'm not getting the pads. I wanted to try their Kangaroo pads but that's not gonna happen.

I guess I'm gonna try these as an alternative. The price for a full set with accessories is really fair.

I guess I'm gonna try these as an alternative. The price for a full set with accessories is really fair.
Let me give you some advice >>>> First off, I LIKE instrumentclinic.com, they are one of my main pad suppliers; their "New IC pads" are a very respectable, good quality pad; they keep their seats and they are a medium-firmness, which fits a lot of applications. Never had a customer complain about 'em.

Their prices for other stuff...leak lights, cork, felt, shellac, needle springs, tools, etc...also very good. Proprietor, Jeff, is a nice guy and responsive.

However...something is up with their Kangaroo leather pads. I dunno where they are sourced from but they are difficult pads to work with.

Very thin, and they do not keep a seat like roo pads or any other pad for that matter (btw I don't LIKE Roo pads, I think they are a bit faddish and they age very hard, so after about a year they do not feel that good under the fingers IMHO)...BUT.... IF you are sold on trying kangaroo leather pads, then at least buy the real Roo pads.

So I recommend IC....just don't get their kangaroo pads.

As far as Zheng Hao....this had been a problem with them for at least 6 months prior. On that other sax forum, people were reporting a while ago that they never rec'd their orders, and that the only way they ever got a response from the 'company' was by filing a PayPal dispute....then magically the company produced the order and shipped it (but even THAT took some time to get from "processing' status to 'shipped'). So it'd take months from payment to actually get the pads.

So, while yeah...they were OK/decent pads, and I think Pete actually met the husband-wife team behind 'em at a trade show a while back (?)...it's definitely a high risk to order from them, period - as now they have seemed to just stop filling their paid orders altogether. So it's really quite unethical of them to even have a website up any longer, IMHO.

Excellent feed back. I was actually wondering why so little mention of them there is on the internet.

Did you take the roo pads matter up to Jeff?

He needs to be aware of it's so he can perhaps address it with this supplier.

That's what I was going to order, so now I'm not so keen. These are more expensive, so if they are not as good. Why bother?

The horn I'm about to repad is an old almost unheard of French vintage alto. It looks great, but can it play and is it really worth the spend, I don't know.

Perhaps I have another horn I could experiment these roo pads on. I need to check. I think I have an old set of yas-23 pads from ZHENG HAO that I never set, so I could get a set for that one. I'm just curious...

Hi
I have been using the Zheng Hao Music sax pads for a long time and have been waiting for them for a long time to arrive. they didn't arrive for six months and I filed a lawsuit and the pay pal returned my money. Now looking for a recommendation for new pads of the same quality and similar price?
I hope you will get a recommendation from a saxophone pad company of the same quality and similar price as Zheng Hao Music.
Thank you

I placed an order with Instrument Clinic and they arrived quickly. A first check with a few pads show they fit perfectly. So they appear to match my measurements at least.

I ordered a kit that includes a leaklight. I already have one (or two), but not like that. It's a single led at the end of a flexible metalic arm.

I'm not sure when I'll have time to proceed with fitting those pads... I hope before Christmas!

IC pads are more expensive than Zheng Hao but at least they are real.

Of course, from this side of the Atlantic, there is both shipping and potentially customs fees. :w00t:

Excellent feed back. I was actually wondering why so little mention of them there is on the internet.

Did you take the roo pads matter up to Jeff?

He needs to be aware of it's so he can perhaps address it with this supplier.
Hello, so sorry I never actual saw your question above until today.

I did mention this to Jeff; this was perhaps a year ago. I know one or two other forum members over at the other forum had had similar experiences with them - I dunno if they contacted him regarding that.

Did you get their standard IC pads or their kangaroo ones ?

I finally went for the kangaroo, despite your warning! :doh:

So if I'm struggling, I'll have an excuse. I was also considering using some 'natural' shellac I sourced by the kg somewhere else. I'm in no hurry, but I'd like to do this job right even if I have no idea if the horn is really worth it. It's very good looking, so it's worth a try at least.

If it's a dog, it's a dog!

I finally went for the kangaroo, despite your warning! :doh:

So if I'm struggling, I'll have an excuse. I was also considering using some 'natural' shellac I sourced by the kg somewhere else. I'm in no hurry, but I'd like to do this job right even if I have no idea if the horn is really worth it. It's very good looking, so it's worth a try at least.

If it's a dog, it's a dog!
OK, well.....let me know your thoughts. My problems with them were:

1) they were a tad thinner than the usual 'thin' pads...thus created problems when floating and leveling.

2) the leather stained very easily...

3) the pads didn't hold much of a seat...not the way conventional leather pads do.

I'd like to know if this is still the case....

All may not be entirely lost!
Following the issues raised here I contacted some ex-colleagues who use ZH for materials for their repair courses. They had placed a large order in June, but heard nothing since; no replies to emails and DHL tracking showed the consignment still in China. About a month ago the status changed to despatched, and I've just learned that the order has arrived (having doubtless spent a while clearing customs).
Granted, this was a large order and may have involved extra manufacture, but even so I think most would consider five months between payment and delivery to be excessive, and would perhaps hesitate to make a purchase.

All may not be entirely lost!....
On the contrary.....5 months.....is that even in any zone of 'acceptable'...for anyone ?

These aren't fabulous pads to begin with, just cheap ones which are pretty decent.

99% of folks, whether DIY'ers or Techs....would not even consider ordering if they would be subjected to this treatment from the supplier....

The company might as well be dead, IMHO....

... but even so I think most would consider five months between payment and delivery to be excessive, and would perhaps hesitate to make a purchase.
You have a talent for understatement..... :cheers:

All may not be entirely lost!

My order never reached the shipped status, so after 3 months or so I decided it was enough!

My biggest regret is not having the possibility to try their 'Tone hole leveling tool'. It could have saved me some time if it's not too had.

So far, I've used a Vandoren Glass Reed Resurfacer to level tone holes. But you can only do it on rather large and accessible tone holes. Otherwise, it's good. Perfectly flat and not too abrasive.

I too waited too long and got no reply from ZH to my emails. After 6 weeks Paypal refunded me.
their cork sheet was very well priced. Shame!

I placed an order there on 11.11.2019, on 12.11 the status changed to production and today 13.11 to shipped and I could even track it.
But it was sent with China Post, not with Singapore one as stated in the oder status. So let's see.

I ordered only pads. Maybe the problem pops up with orders containing other staff, e.g. that might be produced by other parties.

Maybe they have fallen out with uk buyers could be they have problems with uk customs