All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Yupp, that's about right...

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
I'm in awe....

It's 2 - 3 years old, from an Illinois newspaper.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Can I use the 'net acronym' *** in these circles? If so that's my only comment on this jawdropping statement....

old git

Tremendous Bore
Please accept my apologies on behalf of fellow vegetarians. Just remember, all groups have the odd nutter and you wont come across many odder.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
Please accept my apologies on behalf of fellow vegetarians. Just remember, all groups have the odd nutter and you wont come across many odder.
Why do you think this was from a vegetarian?
It looks more like an idiot that eats meat and doesn't know where it comes from.

Moz

I once heard about a kid from the city who went to the country and found milk bottles on a door step and told his mum he had found a "cow's nest"

TomMapfumo

I did wonder whether it was showing disapproval of people that regularly hunt in the "wild" with guns etc. rather than eat meat prepared by those that "kill" animals in abbatoirs which may use less cruel methods.

Obviously other options are possible, without stereotyping those in US.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I did wonder whether it was showing disapproval of people that regularly hunt in the "wild" with guns etc. rather than eat meat prepared by those that "kill" animals in abbatoirs which may use less cruel methods.
It's a different debate, but ethically hunted animals know nothing. They're shot cleanly in their own environment and die instantly. It's not the chase-em cowboy method of fox hunting or westerns. And if I had to go, it'd be my method of first choice. In the abbatoir there's the transport/fear issue. Many butchers here slaughter on the premises - and it's probably more humane than the abbatoirs.

For me the quote was funny because of a clearly uninformed person shouting their mouth off about something they don't understand, and getting it really wrong.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Kev,
You are really into the Germanic hunting tradition. Do you wear the lederhosen, funny hat and use the black powder musket?

Recall being in whiteout conditions in the Ardennes whilst giving advanced driving sessions. Trusting that if we stopped and could not get going again, the wild boars would realise that I'd never eaten them and return the favour. :ashamed

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
It's a different debate, but ethically hunted animals know nothing. They're shot cleanly in their own environment and die instantly. .
And hounds always kill a fox with one bite on the back of the neck.

jonf

Agreed, but I don't see a problem with retrievers & pointers.

But if we're going down this route, what about the cruelty of cats to their prey?
Re the first point, me neither.

Re the second, after some posts a while ago, I won't be commenting about cats on this forum.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom