All profit supporting  special needs music education

Saxophones YTS 62

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Before I put my YTS 62 up for sale I thought I would enquire if anybody is looking for one? Mine is prestine and has been blown around 25 times since new. Immaculate condition for sax and case (with keys).

Let me know if any of you are interested and I shall put it up on the Yard Sale

I am keen on a cannonball Big Bell Stone series!

Locality
Alexandria, Scotland
Before I put my YTS 62 up for sale I thought I would enquire if anybody is looking for one? Mine is prestine and has been blown around 25 times since new. Immaculate condition for sax and case (with keys).

Let me know if any of you are interested and I shall put it up on the Yard Sale

I am keen on a cannonball Big Bell Stone series!
Hi Prof James Jobylou has just said her heart is with a YTS 62 on my post Saxophone clear out in yard sale.

Jobylou

Locality
Chipping Campden
Hi Prof James Jobylou has just said her heart is with a YTS 62 on my post Saxophone clear out in yard sale.

My heart is with MY YTS62! I already have one and I love it to bits :)
Sorry for any confusion and good luck with your sale.

Reactions: Ads

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Hi Prof

I understand that listing in the yard sale requires a bit of time and guess you were wondering if it was worth it but we would prefer that threads like this weren't started as it could get messy if everyone with something to sell listed a pre advert advert :)

Would you mind putting a proper listing up please in the Yard Sale?

Jx

Melissa

Locality
Northamptonshire UK
I think Prof may be selling it elsewhere, there seems to be a lot of these 62s around at the moment, Ahh, everyone here has been hiding them :D

Reed Warbler

Locality
Marciac, France
I think Prof may be selling it elsewhere, there seems to be a lot of these 62s around at the moment, Ahh, everyone here has been hiding them :D
Any suggestions of a fair price for a YTS 62, serial no:006xxx, regularly serviced, original case? I'm wondering if it's worth a very long journey to see one I've been told about. Ball park figure?

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Any suggestions of a fair price for a YTS 62, serial no:006xxx, regularly serviced, original case? I'm wondering if it's worth a very long journey to see one I've been told about. Ball park figure?
Drop me a PM and I shall discuss with you. There will obviously a 5% donation.

thesaxman71

::::
they are fantastic saxes, they have been solid great playing saxes since the early 80's so if i were you i would definately suggest the long journey, great saxes.

Jamesmac

From eBay prices. And a new price from Thomann in Germany of just over £2000. £900 would be a steal & poss up to £1450. Anything over £1350 don't tend to sell quickly on eBay.

Reed Warbler

Locality
Marciac, France
From eBay prices. And a new price from Thomann in Germany of just over £2000. £900 would be a steal & poss up to £1450. Anything over £1350 don't tend to sell quickly on eBay.
Thanks James, precise and helpful. Hope to be stealing next week!

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Locality
Minster On Sea
Is it just cos they're getting on a bit now? Not that long ago 62s were generally regarded as well-made, nicely in tune but boring. Have they now reached the stage that they're old enough to be thought of as vintage and thus worth having?

thesaxman71

original 62 saxes are VERY well made and a lot better than most saxes and are still very well made today.
they are not boring, at all, feel free to click on my youtube links to hear a similar 62 and tell me if they are boring, maybe i could be boring but the sax is definately not, it has edge, warmth, power and can do anything i want on it.
and yes they are old enough to be vintage tagged but that shows they easily stand the test of time and STILL play incredible..

i stand by my original 62 any day and would not part with it or swap it, call that what you want be it looking through "purple coloured specs" or whatever, but i play it for a reason and it is simple, cos it is very, VERY good and always will be.

Jamesmac

When Honda & Yamaha first started selling their motorbikes, in a market dominated with British bikes. Norton, BSA, Triumph. the same was said of Yamaha bikes. Reliable and boring. Now there is no real British motorbike industry. But plenty of Yamaha & Honda bikes.:)

Targa

Among the pigeons
Locality
KIC 8462852
When Honda & Yamaha first started selling their motorbikes, in a market dominated with British bikes. Norton, BSA, Triumph. the same was said of Yamaha bikes. Reliable and boring. Now there is no real British motorbike industry. But plenty of Yamaha & Honda bikes.:)
The logic of that is people preferred to buy reliable and boring.

Jamesmac

I think the buying public are very astute at finding a product that can do what they want it to do, and the less hassle the better. Yamaha produced a motorbike that you didn't have to get off and adjust the carburettor, because of the vibrations. But you could still enjoy the wind in your hair, and the joy of cornering as only a bike can do. The same with the Saxes. You can get on with playing music. The fact some would say that they are boring, with a motorbike or a Sax is down to an individual's preference. The point I was making is that sometimes a product that ticks all the boxes is sometimes given the title as boring.:)

thesaxman71

or....
at the time, people were not fully aware of the true potential of something different and were stuck in their ways, never gave them a chance and simply labelled it as boring, but now, given the test of time they are proven to be very, very reliable and boring is not a word i would use about these saxes, miles far from it.

thesaxman71

For my 2c worth, ProfJames has a mint sax there which is far from boring, blows a storm or whispers and is probably THE most versatile tenor saxes out there, soooooooo, whoever ends up playing on it next will not definately not be sad and not class it as boring, i am sure.

Top Bottom