support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones YTS 62 1997 - mint condition....NO LAUGHING!!!

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Just been offered a mint 1997 YTS 62 for £850. What is the common consensus with the forum members.

Is it something that should be bought and as a Martin man would I enjoy it? I am mainly an alto guy although I do own a tenor.

great price and the quality of it far outweighs the price offered, a bargain.
they are very good saxes, not just saying that as a self confessed preference to yamaha, I am saying it as a sax player!

Of the MANY MANY MANY MANY MANy ETC ETC ETC top end horns I've had I always go back to Yamaha,why ???? there the best for me.Simplessssssss.I've had a lot of 21/23,25,32 yams,4 Z tenors,/3 purple logos,2 61 tenors,475 soprano and now my 62II silver plated tenor,everyone was fantastic.I went back to my old yam 23 alto a while back for a reason.Its great.As for my 62 tenor its like extension of my body now.I adore it.

Good price. Well thought of sax. Can't go wrong really.

Astounding bargain !! . I`m a Tenor guy and after a trial with the TJ, I wanted a new (ish) Pro Alto to be "it", Job Done and chose the 62 (which arrived today as it happens) .. , If the reverse was the case and was an alto guy etc I`d get a YTS62. for that kinda money it`d be unmissale, Job done.

My suggestion would be to buy it, if you don`t like it then unless its faulty you`d have to work very hard to lose money on it, in fact you`d have trouble not Profiting on it , if you like it then that`s the Tenor thing sorted and continue your Martin alto collection :) .

Yep you can't lose if it is in the condition described.

noooooooo! let me buy it :-D

For some years ago I treid to play more modern saxes. I played a Yanigisawa T-880 (underslung octave key) and a Yamaha 62 c -96 for some time. Both were very good: fine ergonomics, good intonation (but not as good as my "The Martin" tenors!) and they were talking the same language as my fellow musicians that also were blowing modern horns. But I missed my Martins!!!!! The special feeling of a Martin sax, qiuck response, flexibility and nice tone were something I couldn't find on a modern sax. So I sold my Yani and Yamaha and bought a couple of "new" Martins. :)

Appreciate your experience and I tried to buy three Martin tenors last week. I love my Martins and enjoy the TLC that they need because it gives me more time to be with them - and I play them all, every week. But I thought I would give myself a chance to learn on a new tenor (when the YTS 62 offer came up) and in addition the Yahama was cheaper than the Martins! So....if I don't like the Yahama, I can still sell for what I bought it and get a Handcraft tenor!

Appreciate your experience and I tried to buy three Martin tenors last week. I love my Martins and enjoy the TLC that they need because it gives me more time to be with them - and I play them all, every week. But I thought I would give myself a chance to learn on a new tenor (when the YTS 62 offer came up) and in addition the Yahama was cheaper than the Martins! So....if I don't like the Yahama, I can still sell for what I bought it and get a Handcraft tenor!

You're so fickle with your ladies, take them on then break their hearts......>:)

If it's mint it's the right price to buy and be sure of no loss on resale.
However, it will mean a demotion through the Buffet/Martin ranks.
Your choice.

Couple of Music Man tenors on eBay USA....

;}

Just been offered a mint 1997 YTS 62 for £850. What is the common consensus with the forum members.

Is it something that should be bought and as a Martin man would I enjoy it? I am mainly an alto guy although I do own a tenor.

Why hesitate?

I haven't, now I have had some feedback! Not knowing the sax (and not buying with the intention to resell) I posted on the forum. Will pick her up next week.

:shocked:

Oooo-er!! Just found myself chasing down a YTS-23....

....it does have a Buffet neck strap with it strangely. An omen?

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom