All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Saxophones Yts-25

andyjb

The gods of the small ads are tempting me with a used yamaha yts-25 at around £400. should i listen the voices in my head???:confused:

Sunray

The gods of the small ads are tempting me with a used yamaha yts-25 at around £400. should i listen the voices in my head???:confused:
Will it cure you? :)))
Don't listen to us ... ;}
Go where your heart takes you ... :thumb:

Have loads of fun ...

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Go for it - you know you want to!

I sold mine for more than that a couple of years ago, so if its in good nick........

Cheers,

Amanda

TomMapfumo

In your position I would hope that other voices appear, recommending me to buy a Bauhaus Walstein new for £500 or so. Several folks have compared the two saxes and the YTS 25 invariably comes off worse. The Yamaha Pro saxes are definitely good ones, but I think that the entry level ones are overpriced and not that good a sound. http://www.rowlandsmusic.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=437

Help is always at hand!

Last edited by a moderator:

milandro

well, ok just above 500£.......but it is the non Action Improved brass model. It is a close call.......

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
My voices told me that a vintage sax is always a vintage sax!

Dolnet on its way from France.

Are you sure you want a Yama? Is that your first horn?

milandro

My voices (and a considerable experience in buying and selling saxophones) told me that there are some good Dolnets and some less good Dolnets......let alone the High Pitch Dolnets, I hope yours is in the first category.........

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
I will keep you updated. High pitch in 1960?
I mean, really high pitch, not 442.

My voices told me that a saxophone with such a beautiful engraving must be good.

TomMapfumo

I have just heard a voice from a Roger in Oxford who does not particularly rate the Action Improved over the Original model, which he rates very highly (and sells them!).

milandro

I will keep you updated. High pitch in 1960?
I mean, really high pitch, not 442.

My voices told me that a saxophone with such a beautiful engraving must be good.
Yes, I’ve bought one alto, the other one was bought by a friend of mine.......they were rather common in the Netherlands (their use by marching bands is documented until the ’70) they are normally 5 Cm shorter than a normal alto or tenor.

Dolnet HP are 457 hz and have no way to identify them

Also I have bought and luckily returned a ’60 made Amati Baritone (they have a very small H by the thumb rest) and a Couesnon tenor

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Yes, I’ve bought one alto, the other one was bought by a friend of mine.......they were rather common in the Netherlands (their use by marching bands is documented until the ’70) they are normally 5 Cm shorter than a normal alto or tenor.

Dolnet HP are 457 hz and have no way to identify them

Also I have bought and luckily returned a ’60 made Amati Baritone (they have a very small H by the thumb rest) and a Couesnon tenor
Scary tales....
At least it has the beautiful engraving.

milandro

Scary tales....
At least it has the beautiful engraving.
I found out about my alto AFTER having it overhauled! ....... from then on, if possible, I always test before buying, especially French made horns. A friend just finished overhauling, without knowing it before, a HP Lyrist baritone.......

TomMapfumo

I keep hearing voices suggesting that I make myself a top quality espresso on my Lavazza Stove top Espresso maker................

milandro

those voices should of course know that a stove top moka cannot make a real espresso which requires a much higher pressure and a shorter extraction time...... but please, why not? Do that!

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom