support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

You know what really grinds my gears?

Locality
Brazil
This:

grindsmygears.jpg

What grind-ed my ears was watching half an hour of John Coltrane yesterday on BBC4. Gave him another go..............I really don't get it.

• Agree
Reactions: Ads
What grind-ed my ears was watching half an hour of John Coltrane yesterday on BBC4. Gave him another go..............I really don't get it.
I'm currently giving Coltrane another chance... a flicker of interest has appeared with a few tunes.

BTW the links in the OP aren't working - unless it's just me.

I think I shall let him be for a while. I am more interested in Man Who Sold the World at the moment, terrific album

I tried watching some of the John Coltrane Live that I recorded off the telly (Sky Arts channel I think).
Made it through one and a half numbers before I felt like hiding behind the sofa.
I nearly recognised a tune in there somewhere, so I may give it another go.

Link not working for me either (if it is a link).

The thing that grinds my gears.....

is not depressing the clutch pedal far enough

Some like Parker, some like Gee
Some like emmental and some like brie.
but the best kind of music is the sort you get for free.

Coltrane? (I prefer Jay Beckstein)Shaw or Goodman?(it was Woody Herman anyway)

Anybody listening to anything from this century and alive?

Most of my listening is contemporary stuff.

If we're just talking sax players then:
Marius Neset
Tore Brunborg
Nat Birchall
Trygve Seim
Pepa Paivinen
and others

Most of my listening is not sax players, though.

I'm currently giving Coltrane another chance... a flicker of interest has appeared with a few tunes.

BTW the links in the OP aren't working - unless it's just me.
I don't think they are links, I think it's just an image!

Gerald Albright
David Sanborn
Marius Neset an acquired taste
Been listening to Get the Blessing recently as well as a few non jazz bands/artists

yep....
Mette Rasmussen, Paul Flaherty, Rob Brown, Ken Vandermark, Charles Gayle, Joe McPhee, Pharoah Sanders, Paul Dunmall, Daniel Carter....
plus bands like Zu, Tiger Hatchery, Mombu, Dead Neanderthals, Cactus Truck and of course the Sun Ra Arkestra are still going strong

I wasn't much of a Coltrane fan having heard only his "sheets of sound" stuff, but since a friend turned me onto his Ballads Album, I gained a new respect for his musicianship and sensitivity.

The thing that grinds my gears.....

is not depressing the clutch pedal far enough

Some like Parker, some like Gee
Some like emmental and some like brie.
but the best kind of music is the sort you get for free.

Coltrane? (I prefer Jay Beckstein)Shaw or Goodman?(it was Woody Herman anyway)

As someone whose speciality is Renaissance music, I always worry if the composer is still in fact breathing as that implies a level of modernity that could be troubling...

As someone whose speciality is Renaissance music, I always worry if the composer is still in fact breathing as that implies a level of modernity that could be troubling...
I'm waiting for you to post madrigals on tenor. But I don't think it'd go down well, especially with me:confused: