All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Yorkshireman spends money

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Well it had to happen. I've actually gone and bought me a new sax. Couldn't resist it really. It's a Hanson ST8 bought new off ebay (aaargh) from Alistair himself. It's the blingtastic silver plate with gleaming golden strap-on attachments. You know, the ones modelled by Mr O' Git. Could be spending more time cleaning it than playing it, but there you go. I'm missing my fivers already. To be delivered tomorrow but will have to wear my glassblowers sunnies to cut down the glare. Perhaps I'll be allowed to busk in Ilkley town centre now.:w00t::shocked::confused::(

trimmy

One day i will...
Well done that man :thumb: and it dispels the myth about you yorkshiremen, ok maybe i'm going a bit too far :)

old git

Tremendous Bore
Bloody hell!

Share a love of banjos and now ST8s.

What's the wife look like Andy?>:)

Kev, please let the esteemed Mr. Sanders, just realised Sanders of the River, see this before you mod it.;}

Just realised that the rapidly approaching three quarters of a century, means I can't remember why or what I asked for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Sanders

Thanks chaps.

I had to go for a shiny one you know how grim it is oop north I'd never be able to find it otherwise.

As for what the wife looks like, Bill, very angry with industrial earprotectors.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Thanks chaps.

I had to go for a shiny one you know how grim it is oop north I'd never be able to find it otherwise.

As for what the wife looks like, Bill, very angry with industrial earprotectors.
Maybe one of Pete's new monster PPTs is called for.

jazzdoh

Enjoy,saw that one on Ebay looks a nice horn and with the warranty as well make it an excellent buy.

Brian

TomMapfumo

Congrats Andrew!

You will now be known as "OG North" with the infamous Hanson ST8..................................;}

old git

Tremendous Bore
Sanders of the River, District Officer for Northern Yorkshire.

Sir,
The moderator's suggestion is quite reasonable. I have a PPT9* and use a Fibracell baritone reed. Even alto wimps like YC can blow it. Threaten the Memsahib with your Government issue Pistol, buy a 9* from CafeSaxophone Commissioner Thomas and you should be a stirring sight busking in white jodhpurs and solar topee.
I have the honour to remain
Your obedient servant
old git.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Congrats on the new sax Andrew, perhaps a review in the near future???:thumb:

Chris..:)

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Sanders of the River, District Officer for Northern Yorkshire.

Sir,
The moderator's suggestion is quite reasonable. I have a PPT9* and use a Fibracell baritone reed. Even alto wimps like YC can blow it. Threaten the Memsahib with your Government issue Pistol, buy a 9* from CafeSaxophone Commissioner Thomas and you should be a stirring sight busking in white jodhpurs and solar topee.
I have the honour to remain
Your obedient servant
old git.
I was thinking of the 11, as Pete says the 10* is a bit brighter

Andrew Sanders

Sax arrived safe and sound. Opened the case at work and the gleam on my face made me look like the gal on the Terry's All Gold ad from the 70's. "See the face you love light up with T.A.G"
Wol my business partner from British West Hartlepool said that he'd wondered where Liberace's bog had gone!
Been out tonight to German class so haven't had a chance to blow it yet. How frustrating.
I don't think I'll sleep tonight

Memsahib doesn't respond to physical threats any more Bill as she's hidden the ammo. Curse that emancipation. Too skinny for jodhpurs and I don't need a topee as I still have my own hair.

Once blown, will report back.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Demn it all, Sanders of the River, what is happening to the Empire?

We send you to administer and keep the North Midland Natives somnolent, with an adequate supply of saxophone snake oil, beads and ribbons and you let the Memsahib lock the ammunition up in the scullery.

There is an obvious need for you to remind the Memsahib, as Albie did, that although Vickie is Queen and Ind Imp, he was the husband and must be obeyed. Unless you can re-establish this relationship, are you sure you are fit to be The District Officer and more important CaSLM representative?

On a more pleasant mote, have you noticed the new chap from our North American possession has a knowledge of 'grass? Do you suspect that he might be another covert five string picker?

Welcome to the State Bling Club.

Andrew Sanders

Terribly sorry old fruit. The missive must be lost in transit. Never knew I'd been "up graded". I'll obviously keep the Mem' in order now I can call on the Caslm for support. Even she quakes at the thought of YoungCol paying a visit.

District Officer to the North and Midlands AND CaSLM Representative. Be still my beating heart. I'll use the title with pride.

(Thank you for not mentioning the episode of "ghastly beastliness". I assure you it's a thing of the past.)

Honourable Sir I remain your humble servant

Sanders (of the River)

jonf

Back to the thread title, of course, you haven't actually been spending money. All you've done is convert one asset (cash) into another asset (sax). There's been no loss, so nothing for the Mrs S to get upset about.

Andrew Sanders

It's not the spending of cash she's worried about Jon.
"It's alright for you but I'm at the noisy end!".

Sue was the one who got me back into sax in 2001 after a hiatus of 20 years.

llamedos

Back to the thread title, of course, you haven't actually been spending money. All you've done is convert one asset (cash) into another asset (sax). There's been no loss, so nothing for the Mrs S to get upset about.
Can't fault the logic but how convincing it will be to the distaff side remains to be seen. I feel no urge at all to try convincing my better half that holiday money in her eyes deserves to be converted to sax tokens in mine. Therein could lie the slippery path to marital disharmony. Unless of course someone knows better.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom