support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Yesterday's Visa crash/Service disruption

Alice

Psychedelic
Has anybody else been affected by this? My card was declined three times yesterday and I don't know if that has had an affect on the direct debits set up in my bank account. I have received a message supposedly from iCloud today which says that there was a problem with my iCloud storage payment and I am to update my details. I have not done this because I do not know if it is genuine or not. As far as I am aware, the crash should not have affected direct debits, but would my dds have automatically been affected by the fact that my card was declined three times?
I apologise for posting this here but I have searched online for information and also the Apple website but found no news that helps... so I wondered if anybody else has been affected in this way.

It just said on the news that some people have still had money taken from their accounts despite the card being declined. Keep an eye on your account for the next few days to check Alice.
Yes, I will.
I left an email with Apple support about this and will wait to see what they have to say. I discovered that in the past, there have been a few scams using Apple id and iTunes.
Some news articles have said that people should be aware of scams that claim to be related this incident too.

In icloud do you have a 'my account' you can log on to and see if there is payment or a message in there?
Or look at your credit card account online to see that everything looks alright with that?

It’s a Visa debit card, not credit and yes, I think I can log into my iCloud account. The payment goes to iTunes. I’ll also log into my bank tomorrow morning, thank you Targa!

There is no connection between ATM or POS sales and your DDRs. What might happen is if the declines had registered an ‘authorisation’ which is an earmark on the account. This might affect available funds, but would drop off in a day or two. This is unlikely to have happened though.
Opportunistic scam is more likely

I had an online payment declined Yesterday afternoon. I tried again straight away and the payment went through. I'll keep an eye out on the account but I don't think it will be an issue. The point the transaction declined was when the website shifted me off for further approval by my Bank. After stalling for a short time, the decline then came up as 'timed out' I put it down to a glitch before I'd read there were more widespread issues.

Transactions require a two-way 'handshake' so if one side fails, the transaction is not completed and is reversed out. Most of the time this just happens and you don't notice. In this case, worth checking that you haven't got multiple postings.

I would love to pay for everything by cash... or pay all of my bills with bank transfers and not direct debits, but some companies insist on it :(