support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Year of manufacture for my Yanagisawa soprano please

BeBopSop

I cant seem to find the year of manufacture for my Yanagisawa 991 soprano, first 3 digits are (00) 302 *** I can only find serial numbers up to 2000 on the net anybody know where to find later serial numbers please?
thanks....

Hi John,

The newer serial numbers are not easy to find, but it is a listing up to year 2005 on this site: http://www.musictrader.com/yanagisawa.html.

If we use the average number for the last 3 years of serial numbers (7703) and add that for each year (2006 and upwards) we can estimate that your soprano was made in 2009.

Not precise, but fun to play with numbers anyway... mind you, not as fun as playing the horn though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi John,

The newer serial numbers are not easy to find, but it is a listing up to year 2005 on this site: http://www.musictrader.com/yanagisawa.html.

If we use the average number for the last 3 years of serial numbers (7703) and add that for each year (2006 and upwards) we can estimate that your soprano was made in 2009.

Not precise, but fun to play with numbers anyway... mind you, not as fun as playing the horn though :)

Yes 2009, I emailed Yanagisawa and they got back the next day with Sept. 2009...great service!

Last edited by a moderator:
glad you followed my advise on the other forum :)

[h=2]
icon1.gif
Re: Dating my Yanagisawa soprano help please.[/h]
cheers! They answer quickly and well but that email address is not easy to find so better keep it as public as possible

Thanks milandro,,,,a big help...

I cant seem to find the year of manufacture for my Yanagisawa 991 soprano, first 3 digits are (00) 302 *** I can only find serial numbers up to 2000 on the net anybody know where to find later serial numbers please?
thanks....

I have the same problem, I`m almost ready to buy a Yanagisawa T922 but the serial number starts with (00) 315xxx. I need to know if this is a real Yanagisawa serial code, and year of construction. Many thanks

I have the same problem, I`m almost ready to buy a Yanagisawa T922 but the serial number starts with (00) 315xxx. I need to know if this is a real Yanagisawa serial code, and year of construction. Many thanks
Yanagisawa are pretty easy to confirm from the general quality and the lyre emblem. For date of manufacture/confirmation that it's genuine, you'll probably have to contact Yanagisawa, I'm not aware of any public list more current than the music trader one.

This is the best resource to find about your Yanagisawa models.

The serial number will identify the year when it was made BUT not necessarily identify the model.

Please note that some models co-existed so there are a lot of Series 500 saxophones misidentified and put for sale by unknowing sellers as 800 or 900 because they coexisted with model 500 ( a cheaper student's model) and have similar serial numbers.

To separate models you need to look very carefully at what the horn really looks like, for that you need to read the article well and compare characteristics.

Vintage Yanagisawas | The Woodwind Forum

Last edited:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom