All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Yeah We did IT

Koen88

Sax Drinker / Beer player
Hi everyone,

you may have read somewhere in my posts (@doorbel for example) that I'm since last year chairman and lead alto sax player of a Carnival party wind/brass band. We are quite a relax group, some people just picked up their instrument again just a year ago some of us have been playing 20+ years so.. quite a mixed group!

there are many Carnival party/wind/brass band in the part of the Netherlands where I live. To meet up with other like minded people and hear them play, other community bands and Carnival organisations organise competition evenings. This year at the Häötemetäötegeträöt (allmost swedish I know but its southern Dutch dialect) there were 11 Carnival bands taking up the challenge to win the much wanted first place.

I think you'll allready get it: WE WON
:welldone

Although the attendancy wasn`t as I wanted it to be (an average of 65 to 70%) we still did it. I think we havent won on musicality but due to some original pieces we have and one piece I arranged. We won first prize!
this was also were I needed the help with the solo that I asked here many thanks to artylady for the inspiration!

BUT one of the other Carnival bands STOLE our trophey! They are an all brass band and really good (real loud though) Well Carnival ís associated with a lot of Beer and herbal liquors so we and they were all quite tipsy (and i'm toning it down quite a bit ;}) so we have all laugh about it no hard feelings. They offered to bring it back for a tray of Beer, and I said well if you bring your instruments we'll make a "play date" havent heard back yet but it'll resolve!

So we sorted that out the day after, but around 7 o clock last night a newsmessage appeared on the organising Carnival organisation ( they had their Carnival party band organise it but it`s the event of the other organisation)
that the First Prize went to "krum dur d'n bocht" the carnival band that "stole" our trophey had won:confused:

So I immediately contacted the chairman of the organisation and told him to check his facts before publishing it on the interweb and not take "news" from facebook..

and now on monday finally the eventfull weekend has come to rest.. the message is edited and arrangements with the other band are being made.

Just wanted to share my joy of being first year chairman and winning such an event that was more than I had expected!

for you a backstage pic (the guy in pink doesnt belong with us) also take a look and listen to a few sound samples on http://doordiekendun.nl/index.php/home

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Ha ha I love the photo, the guy on the left (I hope it's not you :w00t:) has got his hand down his pants and he's having a "smoke" :mrcool How Dutch id that!

Brilliant news on the win you must be really pleased with yourselves. :bigapplause:

Koen88

Sax Drinker / Beer player
Ha ha I love the photo, the guy on the left (I hope it's not you :w00t:) has got his hand down his pants and he's having a "smoke" :mrcool How Dutch id that!

Brilliant news on the win you must be really pleased with yourselves.
Yes we are very pleased, and no that`s not me he's our lead drummer, I'm the guy in the hawaii shirt on the right allmost tipping over haha

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom