All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Yay!!

I got 90%(A) on my first test paper doing Introduction to Computer Programming with ICS (home learn)! Really happy. Thought I'd share the news (and my big head)! Hehehe...

Fi.

Not that far into it yet.... The first paper was about history of computers and hardware. Looking forward to the actual programming side to it!

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Well done.

I hope they've re-written the history side to incldue the British contributions, like Colossus . last I heard we went straight from Babbage to Eniac via Hollerith's tabulator.

@AndyB you should be shot!

jthole

I got 90%(A) on my first test paper doing Introduction to Computer Programming with ICS (home learn)! Really happy. Thought I'd share the news (and my big head)! Hehehe...

Fi.

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:text>Congratulations!</xsl:text>
<xsl:apply-templates select="ICS" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="ICS" />
<xsl:text>Now what is ICS?</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Last edited by a moderator:

old git

Tremendous Bore
Well done, young lady.

Have heard some say, "If thou tootest not thine own bassoon, the same shall not be tooted.", however modesty is also appreciated.

Yarroo! Wow! Hooray! and similar sentiments. Goodness, wish I was dead. Wodya meen, "So do we."?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
My choice of programming language? Or the use of the infinite loop? LOL

GOTO + infinite loop. GOTOs were already banned when I started programming in 1978, but we didn't use anything as crude as BASIC. Was COBOL (amongst other things). Was a real shock a later to see GOTOs alive and well in BASIC on Apple IIes... :w00t:

but we digress. Well done again that lady!!!!

Well done, young lady.

Have heard some say, "If thou tootest not thine own bassoon, the same shall not be tooted.", however modesty is also appreciated.

Yarroo! Wow! Hooray! and similar sentiments. Goodness, wish I was dead. Wodya meen, "So do we."?

Awh, no we don't. :p Thank you OG, and thank you everyone. :D

QWales

01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01000100 01101111 01101110 01100101

From an x programmer :thumb:

navarro

Nice one miss-saxophone. back in the dark old past I was looking for a job as I had just finished university. I attended an interview
with J.Lyons and co. for their computer department now this is the fifties. Their computer was called LEO and I literally had to wear a space suit to get into their computer room about the size of the Albert Hall.

I failed the interview because I stated that my preference was for walls 6 penny wafer brick as opposed to Lyons own. They were tough in those days about brand loyalty.

But it is a little bit of social history worth knowing that Dr. John Pinkerton had a computer up and running and could forecast the weather on Lyons delivery routes. Doc Pinkerton was working on a revolutionary laptop at the same time, unfortunately you needed a flatbed carrier to get it from one place to another. Best of luck in your future studies. Regds N.:D

Top Bottom