• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Yanagisawa 880 tenor for sale - Great condition

ronschi

Selling my Yanagisawa 880 tenor. It is very clean, in great condition. Just had a full professional service inc new pads where needed and re-corked etc.
see pics here http://www.ronschi-tenor-880.blogspot.com.

What you see is truly what you get. It has some minor wear but otherwise perfect. No dents or dings. Comes in the original case with original Yani mouthpiece. I bought it new in London where it was sold to me as an Elimona. It dates around 1982. I think it plays great and so does the person who did the service.

I have taken a number of opinions about value and am selling it for £950 with 5% going to the charity if sold here (I will still make a contribution if sold elsewhere).

Thanks for your time

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Selling my Yanagisawa 880 tenor. It is very clean, in great condition. Just had a full professional service inc new pads where needed and re-corked etc.
see pics here http://www.ronschi-tenor-880.blogspot.com.

What you see is truly what you get. It has some minor wear but otherwise perfect. No dents or dings. Comes in the original case with original Yani mouthpiece. I bought it new in London where it was sold to me as an Elimona. It dates around 1982. I think it plays great and so does the person who did the service.

I have taken a number of opinions about value and am selling it for £950 with 5% going to the charity if sold here (I will still make a contribution if sold elsewhere).

Thanks for your time

Ron

Hi Ron
This horn looks very nice. Now this will depend on how it play's, but if it was mine ....I would want over a £1000.
Also, is it stamped 800 or 880. The Elmona was for the most part the 800 . That will not push down the price.
This horn is a total hand build, & the best ever rip off of a MK6 Selmer.
Very hunted down by many a good player in the U.S.A.
(take a look at> sax on the web)

Have you seen the price of the T991... well in my book "if its a good one!" this is a much better horn.

Hi Ron
This horn looks very nice. Now this will depend on how it play's, but if it was mine ....I would want over a £1000.
Also, is it stamped 800 or 880. The Elmona was for the most part the 800 . That will not push down the price.
This horn is a total hand build, & the best ever rip off of a MK6 Selmer.
Very hunted down by many a good player in the U.S.A.
(take a look at> sax on the web)

Have you seen the price of the T991... well in my book "if its a good one!" this is a much better horn.

P.S. The more i look at this, the more it looks like an 800. Could you please send me some more pics. siren4music@yahoo.co.uk

Many Thanks

ManEast

Hi ManEast here's the pics you asked for. If you know any potential buyers would you be good enough to point them my way please.
http://www.ronschi-tenor-880-2.blogspot.com/

yanagisawa Tenor Sax

Hi Ronschi,

I cant seem to load the pictures of your horn on my pc! I can only get the heading and around an inch of the image!

Regards, Mike

Hi Mike. I'm sorry you can't see the pics. I have come across this with some other things I have done using Blogger. I will put them on my website some time this afternoon so should be available for viewing sometime after 4.00pm.

All the best
Ron

Mike, all pics now available for viewing at http://www.ronschi.co.uk/yanagisawa/

Hope you like

Ron

Sold !!!

With the grateful help from ManEast My Yani sold for a good and I think a fair price to one of ManEast's students. They arrived together last night and after an impressive demo from ManEast his student bought it then and there. Great.

In line with this forums policy I have made a suitable donation to Pete's charity.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread - very helpful indeed !!

Ron (Cavedaschi)

The 500/800/880 Yanagisawa horns has to be one of the best kept secrets out there.
They have a very strong MK6 vibe going on.
The consistency rate on this range is not as good as Yani is now, but if you blow on a good one you may find you get one very big surprise.
The Sax above and the guy that was letting it go turned out both to be a complete gems. “Ron held onto it for me until my student got back from Italy”.
Most horns blow ok in the centre but often fail to deliver at the bottom or the top. This horn however was unbelievable at bottom Bb, B,C, and yes the C#,
and just as impressive in the upper palm keys.
I was having a few probs trying to get the notes to sound out in the altissimo, but that is no surprise as my own Tenor is of a larger bore than this and I think it may take a week or so to reel them in.
The day before playing this yani, a friend of mine came round with his MK6 on which he is using the Jody Jazz H.R. I think that M.Ps would actually be a perfect mach for this T880.

Win, Win all round !

I am glad that you are sticking with your Alto Ron…and if I can ever do anything to help please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Thank you once again.

Ricky.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom