• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

PPT mouthpieces

SOLD Yamaha YTS32 tenor sax

MMM

Price of Item
£995
For sale a hardly used Yamaha YTS32 purple logo tenor sax.
The photos don’t do it justice, only blemish a slight dent on the bell lip, neck is perfect, lacquer is 99.9%. No lacquer wear anywhere!
Included in the sale, original Yamaha: 4c mouthpiece, lig and cap, case, sling, cork grease, yellow cloth, instructions booklet. Effectively the complete Yamaha kit you would have got if you bought it new in 198something! Viewing and local pickup is encouraged.

Here are some photos:
IMG_4482.JPG

IMG_4483.JPG

Also forgot to mention, for those who don't know, the "purple logo" saxes were the first batch of the Yamaha 23/32/62 run, produced in the 1980s. Obviously made in Japan, these are considered to be the most consistent series of those models.
The YTS 32 is the "intermediate" model (equivalent to the current YTS480 costing around £1800) and is said to be a YTS 62 without the bell engraving and the adjustable thumb hook.

Any questions, just send me a PM. I live near M25 Jct9 if you wish to view/try.IMG_4482.JPGIMG_4483.JPG

I’m sorry; I misread your ad. I thought it was a 62, not 32. Please ignore my post. It was a 62 I was specifically looking for.
Norm
Hi Norm, not a problem, however you would have to spend quite a bit more for essentially the same sax without some frills. In this condition, I guess a purple logo 62 would probably set you back between £1500 and £1800.

Thanks for this. Really appreciated. I know that it’s a bit foolish to pay the extra for just a few extra frills, just as you say, but I have a hankering to match up my alto and tenor. I have a long-serving yts25 which is only a student entry model, but it still plays brilliantly. So what I’m proposing makes even less sense! Especially as I would have to sell it with the greatest regret, to help pay for a yts62.

Special offer for forum members until the 24th December: pick up only for £950: this price applies only if collected! For payment methods please pm me.
Price goes back up to £995 on the 25th: don’t let this one get away!

Back
Top Bottom