All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

SOLD Yamaha YTS-62 "Purple Logo" Japan 1983 Professional Tenor Saxophone in Excellent Condition.

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
:)

PC013151.JPG

FULL PHOTO SLIDESHOW HERE: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/slideshow/24489233

I bought this to compare to my recently renovated and overhauled Grassi 2000 Professional and although it's a close run thing the Grassi is my "keeper" for the forseeable future.

According to Yamaha Japan, S/N 009549 makes it a 1983 or thereabouts model, and for 30 years old it is in exceptional condition having only a few light scratches, mainly to the left of the strap ring, and some tiny specks of tarnish in the engraving to the bell - see photos. No dents or dings whatsoever. Real mother of pearl touch pieces give excellent feel to the keys.

I took the 62 to Paul Carrington, sax tech in Flintham, last Friday and all he could find to adjust were the G# mechanism and low Bb pad (which my tutor, Dave Plummer, had suggested needed a tweak), both of which Paul sorted on the spot. Pads are in great condition as is the neck cork. Both Paul and my tutor Dave Plummer have played the sax and it sounds wonderful in professional hands.

The 62 comes in its original hard case which is in great condition, along with a padded white LeBlanc neck strap, Yamaha 4C mouthpiece, ligature, and gold Yamaha cap, original neck stopper, a few Rico reeds, and a Yamaha polishing cloth.

The price is £1300 collected. I've watched two 62s sell on ebay in the last week. Another Purple Logo made £1470 and a "standard" 62 £1420, so I'm pricing this one at the average of those less ebay's 10% seller's fee. That brings the price down to £1300 to you, and Pete will get 5% of the sale price for his charity instead of PayPal!

Payment by cash on collection 5 mins from M1/J20 or M6/J1, or I could post in which case insured 1-2 day courier will be £50 in the UK (bank transfer please).

Go on!..... Treat yourself!!

PC013036.JPG

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
I was just thinking... All this GAS does see some nice horns go by....

;)

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Think of the ones you will buy in the New Year! Or mouthpieces?

fibracell

It looks like a real gem. If you don't need the cash, hang on to it for a couple of years. You may regret selling it so soon. As you develop your musical chops and taste, it may well suit you better!

Rob (kinda regret selling mine)

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
Checks bank balance......

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
It looks like a real gem. If you don't need the cash, hang on to it for a couple of years. You may regret selling it so soon. As you develop your musical chops and taste, it may well suit you better!

Rob (kinda regret selling mine)
Hi Rob, yes I can see where you're coming from and it is lovely but I'm just toying with Tenor. Even with Alto I have decided to keep just the one horn (yes I'll still keep trying to upgrade from the SDA) and selling the 400 and Vito is actually a harder decision than the 62. Apart from a slight edge for my present playing skills, the Grassi also has a fond place in my heart after saving it from the scrap heap. Let someone else enjoy the 62 rather than it sitting around unloved.

Reactions: Ads

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
You wont find a better example than this, WOW its gleaming and I bet it sounds amazing.

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
Nice horn - it is probably slightly better condition than my 62 series tenor - someone should snap this sax up it looks a right cracker...

Someone might regret selling it - but the potential purchaser won't regret buying it...

Greg S.

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
Sam Howett?? no I saw it on fb....
I was merely suggesting to Sam he put in the model and price for other's benefit.

But I had to phone him anyway!!

It's a Selmer "Lavvy" which I don't know much about.

Could be handy if one is caught short while gigging?

Bogsax.jpg

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
I was merely suggesting to Sam he put in the model and price for other's benefit.

But I had to phone him anyway!!

It's a Selmer "Lavvy" which I don't know much about.

Could be handy if one is caught short while gigging?

View attachment 1718

Now I know you're taking the p*ss

Boom boom

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom