All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

SOLD Yamaha YSS-62 Soprano saxophone

Il Padrino

Locality
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
In stunning condition, please see photos.

Lacquer 100%. Pads and corks/felts perfect, again - see photos, guaranteed no work needed. Serviced a short while ago.

Comes with original unused strap, polishing cloth and even care instruction manual/cork grease :)

I'm not the original owner, but bought it from the original owner. It has never been gigged, only used for recording. I can't continue to keep it with changes at home/work.

You're more than welcome to give it a blow if you're local to me in Herts, or fancy the trip.

Recently, these have been selling for around the £2,000 mark, and most nowhere as in as good a condition as this. Almost showroom condition. If you know about infamous sopranos, you know that this is perhaps the most popular.

I'm asking for £1,945, with 5% towards Pete's chosen charity.

Photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54824950@N03/8391366941/in/set-72157632548575945/

Any questions, fire away.... DSCF4874.jpg

Atratr

Hello! Just to chech if you would accept several good alto mouthpieces as part of the sale.
Thanks.

Il Padrino

Locality
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Now down to £1,825 before off to other sites. I would rather it go to a good home here!

Il Padrino

Locality
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
I'm pleased to say that this sax is no longer available as it has a gone to a very promising player and a wonderful home!

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
I'm pleased to say that this sax is no longer available as it has a gone to a very promising player and a wonderful home!

You are too kind, the whole buying experience was an absolute pleasure and I would recommend you as a seller to anyone.

Thanks again Rico and do stay in touch.

Jx

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
Nice horns these Yamaha 62 series sopranos. A lot of the LA session players use this particular vintage.

Would have made a nice companion for my 62 series alto and tenor from the same era. :(

Good luck with the horn, Jeanette.

Greg S.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Nice horns these Yamaha 62 series sopranos. A lot of the LA session players use this particular vintage.

Would have made a nice companion for my 62 series alto and tenor from the same era. :(

Good luck with the horn, Jeanette.

Greg S.

Thank you I am just hoping that in time I can do it justice, I have been wanting one for a while and absolutely love it.:D

Jx

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Thank you I am just hoping that in time I can do it justice, I have been wanting one for a while and absolutely love it.:D

Jx

Now it's time to upgrade your mouthpiece...

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Now it's time to upgrade your mouthpiece...

Not mothpiece:)

Actually I was quite impressed with how much better I sound on my current mpce. I don't think my husband has got over the shock of the cost of the sax yet so will have to wait a while lol.

What did you use on your 62?

Jx

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Not mothpiece:)

Actually I was quite impressed with how much better I sound on my current mpce. I don't think my husband has got over the shock of the cost of the sax yet so will have to wait a while lol.

What did you use on your 62?

Jx

Mothpiece is the old one...
I will not suggest to upgrade your husband, since he just agreed to a lovely YSS 62.

In the recording, I used a Berg Larsen 65/2, if I remember well. But nowadays you have better options around. Trying will be fun, when the moment comes.

AndyWhiteford

Locality
Glasgow
When i was playing a lot of classical soprano, I used a vintage metal Selmer C on my old "purple logo" Yam 62R soprano.
if you're aiming for 'legit" classical sound, that's one possible direction.
-A-

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
If you want something more modern, try a PPT. Love mine.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
If you want something more modern, try a PPT. Love mine.

They did cross my mind actually but I wouldn't know where to start with sizes. All for the future at the moment. I need to concentrate on my counting and not get too distracted;}

It is a gorgeous sax though, I can't stop smiling.

Jx

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
They did cross my mind actually but I wouldn't know where to start with sizes. All for the future at the moment. I need to concentrate on my counting and not get too distracted;}

It is a gorgeous sax though, I can't stop smiling.

Jx

There are a couple in the yardsale. Ones a refurb from Pete, the ther's from Jules. Both 7s I think. They play really easily with an RJS 2H3 or so.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom