SYOS

SOLD Yamaha YAS 25 Alto

Chris Sax

Price of Item
£250
Had this horn for sale on here a while back but withdrew it as it is a great horn! Since then I have had the lacquer on the sax professionally removed using an ultrasonic bath by Woodwind and brass in Edinburgh. It’s at the early stages of a nice patina.

Selling my old Yamaha YAS 25 Alto . . I actually think this got my through my higher music 20 odd years ago!!

Used as my back up horn, it’s got lots of mojo scratches, marks & small dings. Saying all that it plays great! Could do with a service to tighten up the key work etc but plays as is. Comes with original Yamaha Hardcase but no mouthpiece.

Happy to supply a video / FaceTime demo of the horn pre postage. I used this horn to make this little covers video (pre lacquer removal) -
View: https://youtu.be/Y6Cw1Sw91O8

£250 plus postage please. I will pay 5% to the charity if sold on here.

Message me for more pictures etc.

Thanks, Chris.

9B73CA92-AFCE-4780-A9E7-F82A68C7EB0E.jpeg8BEFF613-B965-49A7-B1BA-527D84D1B3C5.jpeg

OP
Chris Sax

Chris Sax

I agree man, it’s a good horn for someone. Quick search on Facebook marketplace etc and YAS25’s of this age are selling around the £500 mark.
I know the delaq isn’t everyone’s taste and the horn is sporting some signs of giging, so I have priced it accordingly.

OP
Chris Sax

Chris Sax

Hi David, yeah sorry it’s just the body that has had the laq removed. I just requested the body got done to open up the sound a bit.

Thanks

Top Bottom