PPT

Saxophones Yamaha or Trevor James

Woowar

Café Supporter
Locality
Newcastle
Morning everyone. I’m looking to upgrade my alto, I’ve been playing for one year. Looking at Yamaha, Trevor James Horn .
I thought I had found my perfect used Yamaha but unfortunately this has gone missing on its way to me so I have to start again with my research. Any recommendations on good alto saxophone for intermediate players please?

Locality
Europe
If you'd get a YAS-62 or a "basic" Yanagisawa (A901 or AW01), you'll never need to buy another alto, no matter what playing level you'll reach. Unless you'll want one, of course :)

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
Yamaha.

If you let us know what budget you have, what you'd chosen before, and what Yamaha you might also consider, I'll keep an eye open for a good deal for you.

Woowar

Café Supporter
Locality
Newcastle
Yamaha.

If you let us know what budget you have, what you'd chosen before, and what Yamaha you might also consider, I'll keep an eye open for a good deal for you.
Thank you. I had bought a yas23 but will consider advice on other good saxophones. Unfortunately Hermes ‘lost’ it so I am looking again. As I’m still learning, I don’t really want to pay more than £600 thank you

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
Can you travel to see/buy one? If so, how far?

Why the 23? It's a good choice, but did you also consider 25; 275; 280?

Woowar

Café Supporter
Locality
Newcastle
It was a good price, excellent condition and had new pads fitted. I live in Newcastle so the closer the better!

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
23 has no high F# key, which isn't a big deal. Did you also consider 21; 25; 275; 280?

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
Retail, I can find a good 21 for £350, a "looks unplayed" 280 for £450. This retailer doesn't ship however, and they're down south.

Private sales, excellent 280 for £440, near mint 23 for £500, "hardly been used" 275 for £400.

Nothing near you though, all private ones would have to be bought unseen. What do you play at present? Can you wait a while to find one near to you again?

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
How about this 23? Oh yes, it's a YAS-23 alright, read on...

257617707_188332180153554_1068466241689731517_n.jpg

Seller will post from Wales, it's his wife's (he's a drummer). No noticeable dents or scratches. £200 plus post.

PS. I have one identical. Made by Yamaha these Vitos are identical to YAS-21 or YAS-23. This one is a later 23 from 1994. If you just want a Yamaha 23 to play, these are the ones. I've had 21, 23, 25, 275, 32, 62 but my Vito 23 is the one I've kept.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll put you in touch with the seller. It may need some work, but I'd doubt it needs £400 of work. If you don't want it I may buy it myself!

PS. If you DO buy it, you may wish to donate 5% (£10) of the purchase price to the forum's charity as a "finder's fee" - it's a good cause.

PPS. I had a "lost" item arrive with Hermes months after it went missing. How long have you been waiting?

Woowar

Café Supporter
Locality
Newcastle
Retail, I can find a good 21 for £350, a "looks unplayed" 280 for £450. This retailer doesn't ship however, and they're down south.

Private sales, excellent 280 for £440, near mint 23 for £500, "hardly been used" 275 for £400.

Nothing near you though, all private ones would have to be bought unseen. What do you play at present? Can you wait a while to find one near to you again?
Hi. That’s really helpful, thank you. Are these on eBay or other sales sites? I am not very knowledgeable about them as only been playing a short time. I would like a good Yamaha in good condition
I started playing on a Paris artiste which has done the job, but I know enough to know it isn’t very good

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
Those ones are all on a free ad site, as is the Vito.

If you invest £200 of service work into a £200 Vito it'll likely not increase its value at all. If you invest £200 of repair work into a £200 Yamaha it'll be worth £400.

But... you have to find a £200 Yamaha first. ;)

Woowar

Café Supporter
Locality
Newcastle
How about this 23? Oh yes, it's a YAS-23 alright, read on...

View attachment 19296

Seller will post from Wales, it's his wife's (he's a drummer). No noticeable dents or scratches. £200 plus post.

PS. I have one identical. Made by Yamaha these Vitos are identical to YAS-21 or YAS-23. This one is a later 23 from 1994. If you just want a Yamaha 23 to play, these are the ones. I've had 21, 23, 25, 275, 32, 62 but my Vito 23 is the one I've kept.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll put you in touch with the seller. It may need some work, but I'd doubt it needs £400 of work. If you don't want it I may buy it myself!

PS. If you DO buy it, you may wish to donate 5% (£10) of the purchase price to the forum's charity as a "finder's fee" - it's a good cause.

PPS. I had a "lost" item arrive with Hermes months after it went missing. How long have you been waiting?
I would definitely be interested in it, please put me in touch with the seller
I was polite when I said Hermes lost it.
The parcel arrived on Monday, with the packaging and labels that the seller wrapped it in
Inside was two random items, not my saxophone
The seller is very trustworthy and now very upset. It appears that someone in the depot has swapped the contents., absolutely shocking

Woowar

Café Supporter
Locality
Newcastle
Those ones are all on a free ad site, as is the Vito.

If you invest £200 of service work into a £200 Vito it'll likely not increase its value at all. If you invest £200 of repair work into a £200 Yamaha it'll be worth £400.

But... you have to find a £200 Yamaha first. ;)
Please put me in touch with the seller if the one in Wales , and many thanks for your help!

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
Will do. I'll message you a link to the ad in a while.

Featured

Top Bottom