All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Yamaha 82Z Unlacquered Tenor

thesaxman71

May be looking for a unlacquered Yamaha 82Z Tenor
well you know my take on yamaha saxes, i stuck by mine religiously tho i had many chances to get others i always stick by my warhorse of a YTS-62,so basically i am very bias when i say you NEED a yamaha, bonus if it is fitted with reflective pads for extra brightness and projection (i had mine installed last year)

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
well you know my take on yamaha saxes, i stuck by mine religiously tho i had many chances to get others i always stick by my warhorse of a YTS-62,so basically i am very bias when i say you NEED a yamaha, bonus if it is fitted with reflective pads for extra brightness and projection (i had mine installed last year)

I love Yamaha.The scary bit is i've had 4 Z tenors in the past !!!!!!!!!!!! yes 4.Not to mention the couple of 61 and couple of 62 tenors,NOW THAT IS SCARY,ARGHHHHHHHHHHH.I am a lost case.

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
You're saxophone habits are like my jewellery habit - aside from being way to expensive. Every time I see a nice ring/watch/pair of earrings/etc I say to himself 'that would like nice on me' He always says it looks better in the shop and the cash looks better in the bank.

Get what you like I say - if it keeps you happy. Who said we're here for a good time not a long time? :)

thesaxman71

well Dave, my personal experience has been sticking to 1 saxophone for over 20 years and it aint done me any harm, maybe it is time you stopped doing a bumble bee, flitting from sax to sax and just settle on 1 solid sax, saying all that i say GET THE YAMAHA hahha

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
well Dave, my personal experience has been sticking to 1 saxophone for over 20 years and it aint done me any harm, maybe it is time you stopped doing a bumble bee, flitting from sax to sax and just settle on 1 solid sax, saying all that i say GET THE YAMAHA hahha
And half a dozen backup horns...

Guenne

Hi,

did you have the chance to compare the "old" one to the "new" "one-piece" 82Z?

Greetings,
Guenne

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower

That will never happen !!!!!!!!! boys and toys.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Broadminded?

My Selmer is French, you know...

Dave, after 48 hours the withdrawal symptoms will disappear. After a good sleep you can start with some different brand.

Note: before getting my S. tenor, I've been after an 82z too. Not an easy job to find it SH.

Guenne

Hi,
my dealer offered me one for €3000,-.
That's why I repeat my question:
Are you aware of any differences between the old models (this would be a late 2010) and the new "one piece" horns?

Greetings,
Guenne

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
That's why I repeat my question:
Are you aware of any differences between the old models (this would be a late 2010) and the new "one piece" horns?

I was puzzled by this question: what do you mean with "one piece"?

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Oh my god, I fear my English is not good enough.
http://www.thomann.de/at/yamaha_yts_82_zul_unlackiert.htm
There are no screws at the "knee", making a repair quite an effort maybe.
On the other hand there it might be more resonant.

Greetings

I see... One piece bell. Luckily the neck is still detachable.
Well, between 3k and 3.6k I would go for the better player. I am not sure it would make a difference, but I know of custom works in this direction on baritones: soft soldering the bow to the body. Trustworthy people claim it makes a difference.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom