support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Yamaha 62 Noodle, Wiseone

daveysaxboy

Account Closed
This is just a quick noodle on my new Yamaha silver 62 tenor on the tune by John Coltrane, Wiseone.Its just a 1st take go recording to hear its vibe and seeing how flexible it is.Only a few hours on her but i am smitten with the 62.Great day yesterday testing a lot of great horns and this was my choice ;}.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just a quick noodle on my new Yamaha silver 62 tenor on the tune by John Coltrane, Wiseone.Its just a 1st take go recording to hear its vibe and seeing how flexible it is.Only a few hours on her but i am smitten with the 62.Great day yesterday testing a lot of great horns and this was my choice ;}.

Sounds like you have found what you have been after Davey. Lovely tone throughout the registers and it`s obviously very slick and quiet in the keywork dept.
I really envy you getting to try all these machines and picking such a corker . Is the silver lacquered or Plate?, not that it`s much of an effort to keep plate shiny:welldone

Sounds like you have found what you have been after Davey. Lovely tone throughout the registers and it`s obviously very slick and quiet in the keywork dept.
I really envy you getting to try all these machines and picking such a corker . Is the silver lacquered or Plate?, not that it`s much of an effort to keep plate shiny:welldone

Thanks for checking it out.Yea its bare silver plate.Yamaha don't lacquer there plating.Had a lot of silver plate horns and I never clean them,any horn in that case.I'm lazy and I don't really like shiny horns.The more scruffy the better I say.Just like me.....When you test a lot of top end horns there all fantastic beasts.Its just the 1 that sits that fraction better to/with you.There was more than a dozen MKVI's there and hundreds of other legend horns but i'm a modern horn man these days.Have been for the last 12 years now since my last MKVI.I just had a look at them and thought WOW there getting crazy cash these days and asked for a lot of yamahas and 3 used modern selmers.

Yeh, sounds like you bonded with that baby alright! Very impressive.

So you got a lig sorted out in the end then yeah? am just of out in a minute to do a session for someone...on my alto! I'm using a Beechler Belite, but you know it's way way to bright so am thinking of going back to Sakshama for an alto Guardala something, but I need something to darken the sound right down without loosing volume or projection, what would you suggest??

Sorry, like the new sax by the way, looks cool! (bit like us eh?)

So you got a lig sorted out in the end then yeah? am just of out in a minute to do a session for someone...on my alto! I'm using a Beechler Belite, but you know it's way way to bright so am thinking of going back to Sakshama for an alto Guardala something, but I need something to darken the sound right down without loosing volume or projection, what would you suggest??

Sorry, like the new sax by the way, looks cool! (bit like us eh?)

Yea my old Geordie friend thesaxman ,Ian gave me 1 of his.He even sent it from Poland.Very good of him.I've had 2 Bellites and there very stuffy.I've heard guys sound sweet on them but for me there a no go.I had a 95 tip Sakshama Studio alto mp he made for me.It was great .Sold it to Nick on here.See if he's selling it.It was a nice easy blower that when pushed could really wail but it still done the jazzy thing well with nice body.Was using my FL lig on my MBII but the last few days I've tried out the Lawton lig and it just sounds,feels a tiny fuller and thicker.

It looks nice Davey but, do ligs really make a difference??>:):))):thumb:

It looks nice Davey but, do ligs really make a difference??>:):))):thumb:
Yes I can confirm that they most definitely do! on the advice of Ian I got a FL ultimate and found it makes nearly as much difference as a change of mouthpiece!

Yes I can confirm that they most definitely do! on the advice of Ian I got a FL ultimate and found it makes nearly as much difference as a change of mouthpiece!
thank you, i feel my advice has done a positive thing, really glad you feel it works for you Fraser...

and Davey! the clip you put on here is the best i have heard you sound in relation to tone depth, colour and overall sound, i know i am very bias as you can see by my set up but what you got now i strongly advise you should lock it down and stick to it no matter of other temptation, this will give you time to form a unique bond with the saxophone and mouthpiece combo and your sound will really develop and before you know it you will realise you have a total gem! i am so happy you have a great set up, have fun, me owld mucka!

Ian, do you have any experience with alto guardalas? as I'm thinking about getting Sakshama to do me one.

Ian, do you have any experience with alto guardalas? as I'm thinking about getting Sakshama to do me one.
hi Fraser,
yes i have some but for me they play great, as of the tenor versions depending on the sound you want, if it is price depending then for cheaper but still great i was using a dukoff D7 super power chamber and that really sings as does my Lawton 8BB, this was a more universal sounding piece. though i do like bright sound

When I use them YESSSSSSSSSSSSS ,and that all that matters >:)LOL's :))):))):))):))):))):))):))):))):))) its all about response ;}

I guess it depends who you ask? A bit like the mouthpiece material debate, there are those that do and those that don't subscribe to idea. So long as the player thinks it makes that's all that matters..

I guess it depends who you ask? A bit like the mouthpiece material debate, there are those that do and those that don't subscribe to idea. So long as the player thinks it makes that's all that matters..

If a player cant feel or hear a different response,sound say from going back and forth from a Rover ligature to a simple metal ligature they need there lugs cleaning for sure ;}.

If a player cant feel or hear a different response,sound say from going back and forth from a Rover ligature to a simple metal ligature they need there lugs cleaning for sure ;}.

I best dig out the ear buds Davey.:D

Fine sound that's very consistent top to bottom, but I think the player counts for something as well. Beautiful playing.

Fine sound that's very consistent top to bottom, but I think the player counts for something as well. Beautiful playing.

I agree plus ANY mp,sax combo a player will still sound nigh on the same way they sound on any combo.Thats there natural sound/makeup coming out the horn.A good mp is 1 that makes things easy and comfy for you as is a nice sax.

Back
Top Bottom