SYOS

Wynton kelly Freddie freeloader piano solo on bari sax

Hello, I grew up listening to this fantastic piano solo from the legendary album "Kind of blue" by Miles Davis, so I decided to play it on bari sax. Wynton Kelly 's solo is a perfect example of buiding ideas using "call and response" and connecting each phrase to the next one. It is a composition inside a composition. Transcribing from different instruments is a huge benefit. I feel that it opens new ideas to me. What do you think?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnH57t-a13c

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
God job on that! Now, I'm curious to hear where YOU go with this. But I'm quite sure it'll be very interesting.

I also grew up listening to this. My dad was a big fan of Miles among others (he was from 'Juan-les-pins' where one of the oldest Jazz festival takes place) and I got the bug. Reason why I play sax today...

Go on, I'm listening!

B Flat

Hello, I grew up listening to this fantastic piano solo from the legendary album "Kind of blue" by Miles Davis, so I decided to play it on bari sax. Wynton Kelly 's solo is a perfect example of buiding ideas using "call and response" and connecting each phrase to the next one. It is a composition inside a composition. Transcribing from different instruments is a huge benefit. I feel that it opens new ideas to me. What do you think?
Great stuff.
Really enjoyed this one.

Pete Effamy

Nice.

OP
fabriziodalisera
Thank you guys! I've been practicing hard in these days because here in Italy we're stuck at home for the tragic covid19 virus as you might know...
I have transcribed beautiful solos from Cannonball Adderley and Steve Grossman too, and I am planning to restart my vlog in the next weeks. All of my gigs were canceled, I am continuing to teach to some of my students who chose to follow me via Skpe, but this situation is very bad! I hope that soething will change soon. Surely playing my horn has a great power to help me dealing with this situation. Practice hard, "music is a struggle, it has always been!" (Charlie Parker quote)

randulo

Playing alto 2 ⅓ years
Subscriber
Surely playing my horn has a great power to help me dealing with this situation.
We all must realize we are luckier than those who either do not make music or can not, because of outside circumstances. It's the silver lining that forces some to work more on the saxophone.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom