support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Wurlitzer American Alto Sax For Sale

Melissa

Locality
Northamptonshire UK
Here is my Wurlitzer American (Martin Handcraft I believe) or it looks very similar anyhow, Named Rudolph Wurlitzer USA. this sax was completely overhauled by Ray some 2-3 years ago, I sold it to an aquaintance-well kind of, and he tried to play once, it sat in the case for all this time until earlier this year when he asked me to sell it for him as he shall never even be bothered!

Such is life..Soul less creature and Martin was very happy to come home again! Anyway, I have played it perhaps a dozen times but only at home, it plays exceptionally well though the bow has had a hard life, some dents were taken out long before I aquired it and there is some solder residue, so I guess if you are underneath it looks like a rat horn though you are not likely to be?!, there are still a few little dints, however, apart from this it has a beautiful aged honey lacquer and otherwise it looks a decent horn- plays like a Martin.:rolleyes: And has the original neck to match the horn, oh, and there is a modern neck plug.

The hard shell case is not original but a good proper opposing bell one and I shall pack extremely well, I am looking for £425.00 to include 24hr insured tracked postage (about £25) within the UK and 5% to the forum fund. The overhaul was £260 plus carriage two ways at the time so is a fair deal for a vintage 1920's/30's + sax playable straight from the case. Happy to send to most international locations at cost only.

Payment by Bank transfer or over the phone via Worldpay, sorry, I do not personally accept paypal any more due to them doing the dirty.......

I have just spent nearly one hour uploading all these photographs seperately as could not manage to load them all at once??...That was really painful!

Anyway, it is for sale only on the cafe, this is never going on the ebay, I would reluctantly consider part ex but needs to be cash plus WHY? for this though am not sure how it would work regards the donation, 5% of whatever cash I get rounded up I suppose. Please pm me if interested.

DeadGalleryLink Removed

I would reluctantly consider part ex but needs to be cash plus WHY? for this though am not sure how it would work regards the donation, 5% of whatever cash I get rounded up I suppose. Please pm me if interested.

A part ex situation is covered in the yard sale rules, but in summary you are expected to pay 5% on the full sale price of the horn regardless of whether you take cash or goods.

Jx

I thought I would add, they are Premium Pisoni pads, I don't usually have anything else.
It's ok J, I understand regards the fee. :)

the link for the pics comes up with an error message, but the pictures of this fine and desirable instrument can be found here - DeadGalleryLink Removed

the link for the pics comes up with an error message, but the pictures of this fine and desirable instrument can be found here - DeadGalleryLink Removed
Odd it works for me as does yours, possibly to do with mod admin rights. When I get on a Pc I will replace the one in the first post and delete these other messages if you don't mind @altissimo @Bernie ?

Jx

@altissimo please an you check link in original yard sale still works.

Thank you

Jx

Go on buy it you know you want to :)

... and put it next to the Martin Medalist and Indiana, Conn 6M, Buescher Aristocrat, Hohner President and Orsi altos that are already acting as 'girlfriend trip hazards' in my boudoir? The Indiana is sufficient to loosen any female undergarments, the rest are just indulgence... :)

Any interest???? Amazing!..If I have to keep it I shall put it up for sale elsewhere for £445.00 which is still excellent value, I am trying to do a good turn and you shall not be disappointed, the sax sounds beautiful! I am going to reduce it the once for cafe members only. £395 delivered :rolleyes: there is a Lewin on the ebay for the same amount needing an overhaul:eek:

All that :mrcoolMartin:mrcool smokiness for what a couple of crates of posh plonk perhaps?! I am eagerly awaiting the storm :D

I have a customer looking for a Tenor and I do not have one spare within his price range, so if you have something to part ex, swap / whatever??, please let me know. i.e. 70's Orsi / Penn or something similar. Ideally it needs to be in playing order. :)

Moved as seller decided to keep

Jx

Back
Top Bottom