• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Wanted WTB/WTT: Buffet Crampon Ebonite Baritone mpc: as supplied with SDA / S1 Baritone

Price of Item
£150
Other Pricing Info
Ballpark price I would pay
Your Location
Farnham, Surrey UK
Can ship anywhere
n/a (wanted ads)
Shipping Included
n/a (wanted ads)
Cafe Fundraising
10%
Allow chat /off topic
Yes
I am enjoying playing an old Buffet Crampon tenor mouthpiece that is the type supplied with their Super Dynaction and S1 saxes. I have a similar one for alto that is also good. They have the Buffet Crampon logo on top, with FRANCE and C stamped beside the table and two lines on the shank.

This old SOTW thread https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showth...t-Crampon-Mpcs has a catalogue showing the BC mouthpieces which names them as BUFFET MASTER BORE mouthpieces. I guess these were the BC equivalent of Selmer Soloist pieces, but the internal design isn't the same.

Now I am looking for a Buffet Crampon baritone MASTER MODEL mouthpiece. I have lots of interesting baritone mouthpieces that might be available to trade or I could buy if you have the right BC piece at the right price. I'm not interested in other bari mouthpieces or older Buffet Crampon baritone pieces with the large chamber.

Start a Private Conversation with me if you have one you would like to trade or sell.

Rhys

I agree to the rules
Yes
@vries1 spotted a similar Lelandais baritone mouthpiece on a French site and helped with the language so I could buy it. He wouldn't take anything for his help, but I have made a £10 donation to forum charities.

This mouthpiece is a Tromptte model, which has a strange sideways oval throat from the chamber into the bore. It is in good condition and should be fun to play.

I would still be interested to get the Buffet Crampon mouthpiece with its arched throat and lower baffle, so please don't close this thread.

Rhys

It seems that the internal design of the Buffet Crampon baritone MASTER MODEL was different to the alto and tenor. It didn't have an arched throat like alto and tenor but a large round chamber and throat.

I understand that the mouthpiece was made for Buffet by Chedeville and then Lelandais and the same baritone piece was also sold under those brands and possibly other French instrument brands including Couesonon. I would also be interested in buying or trading for them, provided that they have the large round chamber and throat.

Anyone got one ?

Rhys

Not sure what this is (apart from being a Buffet piece). Has an E stamped on the right hand side - but it looks to have been bored out....to a massive 19.8mm.

MP 1.jpg
MP 2.jpg

It's pretty much identical to the BC mouthpiece I already have (marked F). There are a few of these around with that extra large bore and I'm convinced they are the factory-produced BASS saxophone version using the same body as the baritone.

It's actually a good piece.

And interestingly I have got exactly the same blank, complete with the metal band, branded as Dolnet (marked 6) and Lelandias Trompette V. The Trompette is a strange design internally with a fairly high baffle and a weird throat which is a horizontal oval.

Rhys

I'd like to try it one day, but I haven't yet had a bass in that it fits (too big). I may end up putting a sleeve in it.
I was going to get Ed Pillinger to fix a sleeve in the bore of mine and then use it on the bari. But I bought the Dolnet piece for about the same price as the cost of the sleeve modification, so now I have both bari and bass.

These French-made pieces use very good ebonite and are usually well designed and made, whatever brand was put on them (e.g. Noblet, Dolnet, SML, Lelandais, Buffet Crampon, Riffault, Chedeville and probably others too).

Rhys

Rhys

Ed described it as "bushing the bore" - I think he would have had to bore it out slightly larger, otherwise the glued-in sleeve would have been too thin and fragile. I think he was going to charge £50 + P&P.

Rhys

Back
Top Bottom