• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

WTB Tenor

majordennis

Hello, I'm looking for a tenor for less than £500 in the UK.

It doesn't have to look great I only play for my own pleasure and occasionally in a concert band but I would prefer it to look reasonable, want a player not a looker.

I like Yamaha 2/3's, Vitos (most of the stencils), Martins (I had an Indiana alto that was brilliant) King, older Conn (not Shooting Star 16M) Buescher. I have seen a few French built saxes with lesser known names, Beaugnier, Pierret which look nice.

If live in the North of England and could travel to test/buy any offers within about 2 hours drive. If I collect in person will pay cash and make a donation.

Thank you

Hi there, and welcome to Cafe Sax!

I would say that there are several new saxes which should serve you well for less than £500 - Bauhaus Walstiein at £479 (sax heaven in Oxford), John Packer
Tenor Sax for £452. Also Sax Heaven currently have a used Yamaha YTS21 at £360. They are all thought of as student saxes but have very good reviews and you won't get that much better for under £1000 IMHO.

Kind regards
Tom

Tom

Many thanks, drove down there yesterday and picked up a very nice YTS 21 that plays really nicely, well pleased.

Thanks again
Ronnie

Congrats, Ronnie! If I was starting again I'd be purchasing a couple of Bergoni saxes from Sax Heaven - much less than the current list price!

Hope it goes really well - sounds like it's what you wanted.
Kind regards
Martyn:cool:

Congrats, Ronnie! If I was starting again I'd be purchasing a couple of Borgani saxes from Sax Heaven - much less than the current list price!

Hope it goes really well - sounds like it's what you wanted.
Kind regards
Martyn:cool:

Hi Martyn

Sorry I got the name wrong, I had a really nice MkVII but the financial situation saw the end of that, so I'm starting again at the cheaper end of the market.

Sax Heaven is a really good place, friendly welcome, knowledgeable staff, (gave me and my wife a cup of tea after our long drive) and some wonderful saxophone memorabilia to look at.

And yes the Borganis do look very nice.

Kind regards
Ronnie

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom