WTB Tenor

majordennis

Hello, I'm looking for a tenor for less than £500 in the UK.

It doesn't have to look great I only play for my own pleasure and occasionally in a concert band but I would prefer it to look reasonable, want a player not a looker.

I like Yamaha 2/3's, Vitos (most of the stencils), Martins (I had an Indiana alto that was brilliant) King, older Conn (not Shooting Star 16M) Buescher. I have seen a few French built saxes with lesser known names, Beaugnier, Pierret which look nice.

If live in the North of England and could travel to test/buy any offers within about 2 hours drive. If I collect in person will pay cash and make a donation.

Thank you

TomMapfumo

Hi there, and welcome to Cafe Sax!

I would say that there are several new saxes which should serve you well for less than £500 - Bauhaus Walstiein at £479 (sax heaven in Oxford), John Packer
Tenor Sax for £452. Also Sax Heaven currently have a used Yamaha YTS21 at £360. They are all thought of as student saxes but have very good reviews and you won't get that much better for under £1000 IMHO.

Kind regards
Tom

OP
majordennis

majordennis

Tom

Many thanks, drove down there yesterday and picked up a very nice YTS 21 that plays really nicely, well pleased.

Thanks again
Ronnie

TomMapfumo

Congrats, Ronnie! If I was starting again I'd be purchasing a couple of Bergoni saxes from Sax Heaven - much less than the current list price!

Hope it goes really well - sounds like it's what you wanted.
Kind regards
Martyn:cool:

TomMapfumo

Congrats, Ronnie! If I was starting again I'd be purchasing a couple of Borgani saxes from Sax Heaven - much less than the current list price!

Hope it goes really well - sounds like it's what you wanted.
Kind regards
Martyn:cool:

OP
majordennis

majordennis

Hi Martyn

Sorry I got the name wrong, I had a really nice MkVII but the financial situation saw the end of that, so I'm starting again at the cheaper end of the market.

Sax Heaven is a really good place, friendly welcome, knowledgeable staff, (gave me and my wife a cup of tea after our long drive) and some wonderful saxophone memorabilia to look at.

And yes the Borganis do look very nice.

Kind regards
Ronnie

Top Bottom