All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Wrote a new tune

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Mmmm like it. Very distinctive sound you've captured there.

So what's the definition of acid jazz? This one seems to have slipped past me.

Littlewailer

Locality
Victoria, BC
Mmmm like it. Very distinctive sound you've captured there.

So what's the definition of acid jazz? This one seems to have slipped past me.

Less complicated.....lol.

In all honesty I think Acid jazz is really defined by the repeated figure and simplicity of the groove often with sometimes only one or two chords stretched out (sounds sort of like a definition of modal jazz eh?). Listen to Some St. Germain. They basically did the best job at the genre IMO.

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Sean just listened to Sure Thing by Sr.Germain. Can hear where you are going with this one, interesting idea.

Chris..

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
I googled acid jazz. I'm only slightly wiser.

"Jamiroquai to Miles Davis with a little hipop and funk... Emmerged from the British Music scene... Seen as a revival of jazz fusion...." I didn't know it had died lol

Would I be right in saying it seems to be a mix of modern sounds and technologies mixed with good old fashioned instrumental virtuosity.

I think I'll invent a new genre and call it full spectrum music. Anything goes lol

Wade Cornell

Locality
New Zealand and Australia
Nice little groove that sits well inside of the Acid Jazz from the early 70s. Reminds me of Eddie Harris's electric sound, especially with the your "limited" microphone cutting out the dynamics. Not intentional I'm sure, but surprisingly similar.

I like it!

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom