All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

WOW! What a Reception!

Hal the Elder

Thanks for the hearty welcome, guys & gals!

Now all I have to do is figure out which Bb fingering to use!

Hey Pete...is that a Contrabass Sax in your avatar? I'd like to hear "Saxophobia" played on that one! Also, how do I post an Avatar?

Thanks,
Hal

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Bb - stick to standard (LH 1 + 2 & side Bb) for now, until you get something you can't play with that. Then take your pick, whichever suits the piece best, but practice all the fingerings.

Avatar - top right of every screen is a settings button. Avatars on the left from there.

That's a bass sax, and Pete makes it sing! Look around for a cat named Jay Easton for contrabass and Tubax classical compositions.

Kev's assessment for the Bb fingering is proper for now, but make friends with the bis key as soon as you can.

Thanks for the hearty welcome, guys & gals!

Now all I have to do is figure out which Bb fingering to use!

Hey Pete...is that a Contrabass Sax in your avatar? I'd like to hear "Saxophobia" played on that one! Also, how do I post an Avatar?

Thanks,
Hal

Greg Strange

That's a bass sax, and Pete makes it sing! Look around for a cat named Jay Easton for contrabass and Tubax classical compositions.

Kev's assessment for the Bb fingering is proper for now, but make friends with the bis key as soon as you can.

This might help...

http://www.jayeaston.com/

long time readers of Saxophone Journal will know that Jay Easton use to write a column about baritone saxes and the lower eh...horns...contraptions - plumbing degrees recommended:))) B.Plumb.

Greg S.

Hal the Elder

HEY KEV,

I'm finding the standard "A" fingering with the RH side key for Bb is doing the job for now. As I progress, I'll employ the other variations, like the alternative "High C" fingering, too.

Thanks for the tip!

HAL

Top Bottom