Tutorials

Wow! Jamming with Zenzile

AlanB

Wow! The incredible Jazz Dub Band 'Zenzile' from France have just played in Vientiane, Laos. What an incredible concert, the crowd exploded, as did the band. Quite possibly the best concert I have ever been to, and I have been to a lot. I was lucky enough to meet up with the band after the show and a bunch of us went for a few JDs. I then persuaded a friend of mine to open up his pub and we had a lock-in. I was then able to jam with the incredible Erik "Raggy" Sevret, tenor sax/flute/sample mixer for the band. He even leant me his sax which was a beautiful machine, hand-built by an ex-Selmer engineer. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the make.

Just an incredible experience which i wanted to share. I really felt so privileged to be there. For anyone interested and who don't know them already, they are huge in France and have about 14 albums out. They have incredible energy. The two lead singers David Alderman and Jamika Ajalon rip the stage up. And Raggy had these wonderful sax solos that just took you up, and up and up. Think I wept at one point. The concert was full of love! What a pleasure!
Al

Top Bottom