All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Would you buy from this ebay seller.....?

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Browsing on the Devil's Junkyard last night, I came across this listing for a bargain YAS 475 (well, 20 of them to be precise):http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130671003537?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

Out of curiosity I emailed the seller, asking for confirmation that these were Genuine Yamaha YAS 475's and for a photo of the model stamp. I got the following reply:
"YES,my friend,it is GENUINE Yamaha YAS 475 saxophone .also for the all photo,i have put on auction,so please happy buy my item,thanks!"

Would you buy from this seller?

Not a serious question as I'm not in the market for another sax....... but he's sold at least 6 in the last 24hrs. BUYER BEWARE, me thinks!

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Given that a genuine YAS 475 seems to retail about the £1100-£1200 mark, I'd agree with you....something dodgy going on there.

Two Voices

As the resident ebay cynic I’d say it’s a scam. According to the Edelman Trust Barometer they state that 77% of people refused to buy products or services from a company they distrusted. It is trust that makes someone act. Somehow that sellers response didn’t instil any trust :}

jazzdoh

Just noticed they have sold 19 of theses with one buyer committing to 5 of them,i would say its a scam,too good to be true.

Brian

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Reported it to ebay yesterday as potential scam........ at the mo the listing can only be seen using the direct link - it doesn't show if you search for YAS475-so hopefully they're doing something about it!

jonf

Trust your own instinct, the fact that it feels dodgy means it almost certainly is.
Agreed. A 'business' seller, operating out of a flat in East London. Recent feedback stating 'item not as described, refund refused, stay away', selling price about 1/4 of normal retail. All of these ring alarm bells. There are plenty of good deals to be had on eBay (such as the stuff I sell!) but this has dodgy written all over it.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Must admit I share the sentiments about the buyer. But for that price I might take a chance - as long as the payment went through paypal/credit card. At worse it's a fake, at best it's a bargain. Either way you're covered.

Maybe he got a job lot.... Biggest worry would be finding they're stolen, after ebay/paypal protection expires. But assuming it's genuine, once it arrives a quick check with Yamaha should sort that out.

But I'm more than a little interested in why he's sold 20, and there's no feedback on the 20 he's sold so far... Maybe it's just too soon. And you also have to wonder what he's been doing with his ebay dealer's account since June last year.

Don't bame me if you do tke a chance and it goes wrong. I'm NOT recommending buying, just saying what I might do if the sax interested me.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
At that price I might go round to his ad and have a look...if I lived close enough..

Chris..

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
ebay YAS 475

Anybody noticed the brand new yas 475's going new for £299 on ebay somebody tell me it's a conn

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom