support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Wotcher from a new "kid" on the block

Hello one and all.
I'm new to the sax in general and not much more familiar with forums to be honest. Bought a second hand alto a few months back and been torturing erindaws with it ever since and then last week I had a puff on a friends tenor. Big mistake - sounded so sweet and smooth so I'm now going to have to force myself to buy one - you can only imagine the pain this new toy is going to give me. Mainly cos erindaws packs a mean right hook, particularly when aimed at me. Still she cooks a mean roast so she's not all bad.
Anyway enough waffle - I've got a PHD in waffle by the way, which some of you will come to realise when you try to get to the point in anything I post. Usually takes a weeks typing before we get there and you'll hear all about the things in life that please me, pee me off or just plain anything that pops into my head, and let's be honest there's plenty of space. To the point:
Bauhaus Walstein Deluxe, or AI, - how does it stack up against a Trevor James or any others in the same price range?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who's got the patience to read the preamble before my questions and there will be many more!

Thanks

Hi and welcome, from just a little further along the South Coast near Petersfield... can't really comment on hoe the BW stacks up against others... BUT I can say that I luuuuuurve mine :)

Hey Hey Rabid ...

Good to meet yer mate ... :thumb:

So you've got GAS already - not bad mate ... It only took yer a couple of mumfs ... :w00t:

What time do yer wanna do dinner fer on Sunday ... It was an invite for us all to come round yours weren't it ... :)

I mean why else would anyone tell his new found mates all about his missus Pro cooking skills, unless he wanned us to call round for a bite ... >:)

I can bring some wine ... :cheers:

PS - You won't regret getting your Tenor ... ;}

Whoa! thanks for all the replies- i honestly didn't expect so many so soon. The BW has been ordered. I don't have a lot of patience so just went for it. I do have tenacity though so never quit. Erindaws (- not only does she pack a great right hand but also a fine sandwich box and that accounts for the tyre round the middle which I'm trying to lose by training for and running a marathon! Oh yeah 15stone of blubber can run and without the aid of a cattle prod) would be only too pleased to have as many of you as possible for lunch on Sunday but me on the other hand couldn't face a bunch of guys with dodgy hairdos, waistcoats and silly hats hanging around sounding ten times better on the sax than I even hope for so. I believe that all of the items mentioned are de rigeur for sax players - if not I've wasted tens of pence on a new wardrobe.

Thank you all for a warm welcome and I'll be back soon with more stories of me and the sax and how Nicky, aka Erindaws, is coping with the ear defender implants.

Cheers and I'll be back. How do I get a signature on here?

+1 for the BW AI out of the two you mention!

A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from the Skabertawe Lites, down by yer in Wales, mind! Just make sure you get a good mouthpiece for said Tenor if that is the way you go. I hope you really enjoy being part of the Forum and learn from and contribute to the various discussions that take place.

Kind regards
Tom

Please never ever post any links like that again - I was up half the night worried that someone might mistake me for one of those "guys". I thought they had passed on into that great place in the sky where people bereft of talent should be sent at birth. Oh no! I'd be there too so and that would be hell - perhaps they should have been banished to some barren rock in the middle of the Pacific so as to spare my ears and those of countless others. I shall never introduce myself as a New Kid on the Block again.

Yours dejectedly

Rabid

Hi Ric,

welcome to the cafe. Your GAS bit very early, mine took about a year, but then bit really, really deep. :w00t:

I hope you enjoy the coffee here. A very friendly bunch and (sometimes) some useful replies. :)

Expect to wend your way to an answer, and go off topic and generally enjoy the hilarity. :)))

But watch out for one or two of those chaps in the corner over there....they're a bit dodgy. :w00t:

Mandy

Please never ever post any links like that again - I was up half the night worried that someone might mistake me for one of those "guys". I thought they had passed on into that great place in the sky where people bereft of talent should be sent at birth. Oh no! I'd be there too so and that would be hell - perhaps they should have been banished to some barren rock in the middle of the Pacific so as to spare my ears and those of countless others. I shall never introduce myself as a New Kid on the Block again.

Yours dejectedly

Rabid

You'll find another thread on this forum which may help you to decide if they were so bad through lack of talent or lack of practice. My theory: lack of giving a monkeys' as long as the money was rolling in.

Back
Top Bottom