support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Worth the wait?

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Locality
Sunny Southampton
Got to Southampton Applestore at 4.30, half an hour before they opened for the iPad2 launch.

A queue that stretched right the way round past la Senza to John Lewis's. I joined the end thinking and was given a ticket and told I could come back later.

I rolled up at 8.00 and got the last one!

Is it worth it?

Looks like it so far.

Pete,
The bad news. Received an email from Argos, the iPad2 is available from them from 5pm today. Could be worse, LIDL or ALDI could be outlets.

Why do people think I'm a snob?

Personally I don't have a special liking for the Ipad (or even the Iphone in spite of having one!), I'd prefer spending more (at least twice as much) and buy myself a true computer like the MacBook Air (which is the closest thing to a Ipad plus much better features and the possibility to install all sorts of programs which do not depend from the closed Apple system which encapsulates , unless you jailbreak it, the Ipads and Iphones to the complete Apple control.

Sometimes living in the boondocks has it's advantages - until high speed (non-satellite) internet or WiFi becomes available - I'll just have to wait to buy one ;) My friends who live in civilization are very pleased with theirs - I'll have to visit them soon to see for myself!

To the caff©'s Official Ice Maiden,
Doubt if it is guaranteed to work in Vermont winters.

Should work with WLAN in the house. No intention of buying one myself.