SYOS

Jazz World Saxophone quartet with Kidd Jordan

Saxby

Have not posted for a while but came across this and thought it too good not to share..
Great footage, nice close-up's (for the checking of mpces/ligs) clear sound......and great music...
pt 1
pt 2
Nice to see/hear one of my faves, Edward "Kidd"Jordan in action...
Enjoy...

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonC

It is probably just me but most of it sounds like a jumbled mess to me! although as individual players they seem very talented, but even then it sometimes just sounded like they were going up and down scales a lot and sometimes out of tune! which is good in a way as it shows me some light at the end of the tunnel :)

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Love it- groovy & disonant in just the right balance, some great New Orleans-ish bass-lines off Hammiet Bluiett's baritone and... exactly how bouncy is James Carter!? By the way- good to have you back, keep the wierd stuff coming! Jason C- I suggest you avoid my video on the sound clips page !

JasonC

I did say it was probably just me! my ears aren't accustomed to that sort of performance yet, maybe I'll listen to your recordings nachoman to get used to it!

Saxby

Hi Nachoman.....nice to be back....At some time I will Re-introduce myself at the doorbell to all..
Yes this performance is a bit "scrappy" that is one of the thing's that amazed me. There is undoubted talent in all the players (that james c, can blow a bit...) But compared to the WSQ that I saw last year, not with the "Kidd" or James C, this is heading a lot more into the "free-er" areas of playing than previous incarnations have done....In a good way though...and yes Hammiets bari playing is fantastic...

Saxade

Loved It ... Havent looked in here for a while... I watched this while I was eating my Thai Green Chicken Curry ... Just the right blend of Spice ;-)

Staff online

Top Bottom