support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

World Cup 2018

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
What, no thread yet on the World Cup !! ??

What do we think of it so far ? Who's doing well, who will win, what about VAR ? What about all the play acting and time wasting ? Best goal so far ?

Our big band rehearses on Thursday evenings and next week that clashes with England's match against Belgium. Mutterings have started already about cancelling the rehearsal so people can watch the game live on TV. If England have already qualified by then, I think I would rather play music, but if the match matters I would like to watch and the band might be thin on the ground anyway. Hmm.

Rhys

The Netherlands (my adopted country, through I'm still a Brit) didn't even qualify for this World cup so it doesn't interest me as much as if they had done. But Belgium is as close to NL as it gets and I'll probably watch the Bel-Eng match. I'm much more a fan of Rugby rather than football (of which I know little about) but I'm rooting for Belgium (and for upsets like Croatia-Argentina and spectacles like Ronaldo's hat-trick against Spain). Whatever happens, I'll probably watch the semi-finals and final too.

I watched the 1990 World Cup on TV end to end... the footballer that does the crisps, Nessun Dorma and all (Pavarotti singing that piece still makes me all watery eyed)

But I don't usually care for football

Funny what happens when you're revising for exams

I've enjoyed a few matches and would love to see England win. Having a few teams in a sweepstakes gives it more interest. I've been surprised how poorly some of the favourites have performed.

Jx

I love my togger but I've not watched a second of the World Cup as I cannot be fuzzed with international football and certainly can't get support London FC.

Club not country, Scouse not english!

Haven’t got to watch as much in the first week of the World Cup, work, practice & going to a few gigs have got in the way.
I say got in the way but to be honest I’d rather go to a gig or practice :oops:
Very unusual for me !!
I watched the England game and thought they were brilliant for the first half hour. They are a young side and it’s good that there are no expectations heaped onto them.
Who will win ?
England i hope (I’m very patriotic and optimistic)

What do we think of it so far ? Who's doing well, who will win, what about VAR ? What about all the play acting and time wasting ? Best goal so far ?
World cup? Which sport? Fotball? Who cares. I've been watching the tennis.
F1 from France this weekend:cool:
I've got a particularly nice arctic white emulsion to watch drying, why would I need the world cup?
But I don't usually care for football
ooh sounds nice @Andrew Sanders - I've been watching the grass grow. Much more interesting than watching bunches of multi-millionaires chasing a substitute inflated pig's bladder round a field....
Rhys asked opinions on the World Cup 2018 not what you think of football in general !
Please don’t comment if you’ve nothing to add about The World Cup 2018.......:rolleyes:
Some of us love football whether that be club or country....

Belgium look the best team at this early stage, another good win today
According to an article on the BBC website based on stats alone Belgium is the likeliest to win the World Cup 2018. I’ll post the link if I find it again. Personally i’d Love to see Nigeria or Mexico win it.

Back
Top Bottom