support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

words and music by Smirnoff

jeremyjuicewah

Locality
Costa Blanca Spain
This one's been in my head for about six months. Playing around with my Casio keyboard, (one step up from a toy) I found that we can all be Rick Wakeman. I was thinking of presenting it to the band wot I play in to adopt, but I got cold feet. Thing is, when I write a song its ok till I get some of it down. Then I lose all objectivity. Sometimes I think its ok, other times I think I stole the whole thing and sometimes I wish someone else had come up with it so I could mock them. Wot dya reckon? If you are going to listen, thanks. This really is the LAST digital recording, I am going to read the reaper books.
http://soundcloud.com/jeremyjuicewah/we-was-made-for-each-other

I am a bit confused here - you present this composition as if it was something you knocked up on a gizmo that's one step up from a toy and I find myself enjoying listening to a very creditable performance of something I like a lot with content, form and professionalism.

Very well done and many thanks - I might not know a lot about music but I know what I like!

Dave

Worth taking it further. A good start! Would be worth looking at your recording technique as well, cos that tneds to pull it down. .

Thanks guys. I have not come back here since I posted because I am so critical of anythng I do. I really do lose all ability to work out if its tripe or ok. I have figured that I can use my Boss recorder as a soundcard for reaper or audacity. This has been holding me back. I could not make my line six work.

Llamedos, I bought this keyboard in an auction house some years ago on a whim. It really is one step up from a toy. But point is these things are so blinking clever that anyone can play them that can put down a chord shape. Been into the keyboard for a while, it seems to explain all music. You can see how the keys (that is the keys that we call the things that make up music) work out in majors and minors.
The guitar and vocals and sax is me. I wanted to put alto on it too, but for some reason, it didnt work
Mike

Thanks guys. I have not come back here since I posted because I am so critical of anythng I do. I really do lose all ability to work out if its tripe or ok.
Mike

And that's because you're worrying about other peoples reactions, right? But this is your own work, and you wouldn't have put it up here unless you felt it had something. You just need to trust that instinct. It's your compostion. Your opinion/feeling is the only one that really matters.

For what it's worth (ie very little) I was impressed. Consistent style and feel throughout and really makes a statement.

Cheers old chap. You are right. Its fear of rejection. You keep going though cos you think youre right. Same with birds, but though I kept going, it turns out I was wrong. Good job the dear old duchess took pity on me.
All the best
Mike

Thanks Mike - I really enjoyed that ...

Smashing mate ... :thumb:

That's nice Mike. Highly enjoyable.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom