support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

With gratitude - sending some ♥

Luluna

Café Supporter
Getting ready for a Jazz Ensemble concert tonight at the local college. I think of the Cafe every time I open my case.

I see my new Cebulla neckstrap that enables me to play the bari without a chiropractor visit each week - thanks to your suggestions; the plasticote reed that I never knew existed when I started playing again after a long hiatus - merci; the better mouthpiece and reed strength for my new alto - thanks Pete for your expert advice; and most importantly... the smile in my heart and the joy and confidence to play again - thanks to the encouragement and friendship of those of you I've come to know in the CS.

Now if I can just play all those accidentals perfectly in "Some Skunk Funk" tonight.....
(I'm the old lady wearing glasses sitting in the sax section with all the kids)

Thank you all so very much from the bottom of my bari. :welldone

I remain.....

It was an interesting evening :) Hit all the notes - but the stage set up was so strange all we could hear was the amplified rhythm section - they were excellent, however.

Bari sax last night for Concert Band - after "Saturn" and "Mars" from Gustav Holtz's "The Planets" - I think some teeth are jarred loose from the low A's (my new favorite note).

Thanks again all :)

So you'll be moving on to Bass next, and be a toothless..... Saxplayeress....

It was musical sudoku transposing those bassoon parts - Before I consider dentures and a Bass I need to find a new AWD vehicle as my minivan is hitting 200,000 miles any day now. If the Bass had wheels and an engine... I might consider it :)

I meant one of these >:) : http://classiccars.about.com/od/classiccarphotogallery/ig/uniquecarshow/austinminivan.htm

Trouble with pickups is the springs are usually rather hard. And all the gear slides around in the back getting bashed & wrecked. (And wet, unless you put a canopy on). Prefer diesels myself, but that may not be practical so far north, although I haven't had problems here at -30C (our diesel is winterised). My landrover takes a good 20 minutes before the heater works in winter.

I wonder if Luluna knows what we brits regard as a real mini van perhaps some one better with pc's could post a pic,I'm useless at this stuff.Truth is you might struggle to get a bass in one,not that a saxophonist would ever want to

All the best to you Luluna...john

DOH! ! ! ! WHY DOES THAT KEEP HAPPENING TO ME...I do a post and then find 2 more appear after I've posted

It might have been better with some one stood at the side of it for a size comparison

Last edited by a moderator:
And remember
" you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"

Sorry couldn't resist, I'll get my coat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom