All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Wish Us Luck

saxplorer

Tomorrow night at 7:15 in the foyer of Central Studio, Queen Mary's College, Basingstoke, my "Tuesday Jazz Group" is playing a free concert. Should anyone be wandering by and want to see 8 spirited amateurs making (hopefully) a joyous noise, feel free to drop in.

We have a bunch of great tunes (20 tunes prepared to greater or lesser degrees of polish) from the raucous ("Ice Cream") to the sublime ("Emily"), passing through a little Cape Jazz ("Bo Kaap"), some Bird ("My Little Suede Shoes"), and winding up at the Tuxedo Junction.

It's going to be fun: wish us luck!

Philly123

Sadly, too far away for me to drop in, but sounds great, I absolutely adore Tuxedo Junction. My Tuesday Jazz Group recently spent ages practising it for a little performance we were involved in (I never managed to get the tune right) but we didn't get around to playing it... ran out of time!

Good luck, although I'm sure you won't need it.

Young Col

Too far for me for an evening (and I play on a Tuesday evening as well) but I have an old music loving friend in Basingstoke. I've given him a link to your thread.
YC

trimmy

One day i will...
And sadly too far for me :( have a great time (i'm sure you will) :thumb:

have been learning 'My little suede shoes' good tune

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Good luck Andrew. Emily is a lovely tune. Will give it a spin tonight to bring you good fortune.
Andy

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I'm sure it will go well. Must look up Bo Kaap. Maybe take a zoom along and post some numbers for us to enjoy?

saxplorer

Thanks all it went pretty well (considering): I believe I have some sound clips and maybe even some video, will review tomorrow and see if there is anything worth posting.

I found myself in the position of "bandleading" the gig too, making the announcements, coordinating who played what solos, etc. Hard work! but no trainwrecks, always a soloist when one was needed, everyone knew when the last chorus was coming up, etc.

I was playing tenor, there were one or two moments of panic, but lots of things I was very happy with too.

All in all, good fun and very worth while.

Thanks, all, for your support. This forum makes a difference.

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Subscriber
Sounds great, and it does sound as if you're having fun :thumb:

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom