support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • All posts re: Fake (counterfeit) saxophones and scams are now in their own subforum here:

Fakes and Scams

Accessories wireless mic

jeremyjuicewah

Locality
Costa Blanca Spain
Samson Airline 77 - Sax.co.uk

Hi. Bought a wireless mic on yardsale not long ago. It is exactly what I wanted. It has no body pack, like the Airline 77 above. Cant find the Thomann model now. The T bone from Thomann is fantastic value for money, I wanted to try wireless and at its price this thing is just fantastic.

But.....of course I want a better one. The T bone is great, but a little thin. I have read the same about the Airline 77 but cannot find another that does not have a body pack. I dont really want a body pack. The great thing about T bone and Airline are the ease of swapping saxes, no wires no bindings at all.

Q. Does anyone know a Sennheisser, Shure or DPA with no body pack? Or another top make? If not I will probably stay with the T bone, but there must be one somewhere.

I have been to my worst friend, Google, and nothing is forthcoming.

Cheers
Mike

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
DPA 4099

...is the klöten des köters, but it's very expensive. It links to XLR but may (will) need a separate adaptor if you do use a body pack

I got mine second hand, also on this forum

jeremyjuicewah

Locality
Costa Blanca Spain
DPA is probably top of the "approved" list but this one does seem to need a body/belt pack with a lead to the clip on.

Its well reviewed on SOTW but the wires are not specifically mentioned.

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Surrey, UK

jeremyjuicewah

Locality
Costa Blanca Spain
The current model seems to be the Wi5II (LS-5C)

That would do it. Its 1000USD del´d Spain,which I dont think is bad, problem is if it gets picked up the Govt will charge me 30 to 50% on top for duty. I have had lots from the US that dodged the tariff, but the Spanish Govt is born again when it comes to revenue. It has found out how handy the income is. Thanks for the info, its just what I want but I need a think about that.

Cheers
Mike

Top Bottom